We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girona to Alicante

Kilkenny
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Girona to Alicante

Hi,

I am travelling from girona to alicante next Thursday. Can anyone suggest the best way to get there?

I'm thinking of taking a train to Barcelona, then flying?

I've looked at trains but they seem to be the same price as flights.

Many thanks

Meg

Lancashire.UK
Level Contributor
115 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girona to Alicante

Flying seems too complicated - if you are getting the train from Girona to Barcelona sants station, the train for Alicante leaves from there. If you fly, you have the hassle of getting to the airport waiting times, possible delays, passport control issues?. However if time is important then this may save you a bit.

In my experience, the trains in Spain are fabulous ( I have travelled all over Spain using both local and renfe services, can't fault them)

I know your entire journey will take between 6.5 and 7.5 hours depending on which service/time you opt for and cost between €60-€80 depending again on this but, I personally would much rather take the train..

Hope you have a good trip.

Kilkenny
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Girona to Alicante

Thankyou

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girona to Alicante

I've travelled to Barcelona a couple of times from Alicante and I much prefer the train, despite taking around 5 hours. It's not much shorter than flying, considering the time to get to/from the airports and the time you need to be there in advance, and the train is really comfortable, much better than the plane!

Sadly train is expensive unless you buy in advance...

4. Re: Girona to Alicante

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 09, 2018