We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cangas or Baiona, Galicia

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Cangas or Baiona, Galicia

I am torn between Cangas and Baiona and can't decide which one to choose. I have found nice hotels in each town - Hotel Playa in Cangas (which is on the beach ) and Hotel Ariños. In Baiona Hotel Arce. They both seem lovely! Has anybody got any advice? I would e very grateful!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
29 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cangas or Baiona, Galicia

I have the same issue, myself. Which one did you chose and was it the right decision.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cangas or Baiona, Galicia

I chose Cangas and am staying at the Rodeiramar Apartments (right on the beach). I haven't been there yet but will let you know once I have been.

Regards

Davina

Madrid
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cangas or Baiona, Galicia

We have visited Cangas on and off for the last 20 years and I throughly recommend it. I don't know what the Rodeiramar Apts as we always stay in Don Hotel about 20 mins walk from centre (nice and quiet at night).

Stayed at Airiños about 13 years ago. Standard hostal right in the centre of town. Rooms were reasonable and v clean but it is slap bang in the middle of town and can be noisy especially during the fiesta (last week of August). Also parking in Cangas is a nightmare in the summer months esp. at Airiños but also around Rodeiramar.

Cangas is a wonderful place to stay, you can get the ferry across to Vigo every half hour (you should seek out Bar Chavolas in the old quarter as a place to eat) and during the summer months there is a boat out direct from Cangas to the Islas Cies (beautiful!).

We are off to Cangas at the end of next week for their fiesta.

If you want any more info just let me know!

NICOLA

4. Re: Cangas or Baiona, Galicia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, February 08, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Cangas do Morrazo