We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money for 2 weeks in Bamburi

Which Bamburi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Margate, England
Level Contributor
18 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Spending money for 2 weeks in Bamburi

Hi There,

My partner and I are going to Bamburi Beach in June, and are wondering approx how much spending money we will need? We would like to have a few days out and about and have also booked a safari already. We are booked in for an All Inclusive for 2 weeks, but would like a rough idea of how much money to bring as we don't want to be caught short! :)

Also, I understand tipping is a big part of it.

Any help would be gratefully received!!

Shelly

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending money for 2 weeks in Bamburi

Why don't you just take some kenya schillings with you are your credit card so you can go to the ATM if required. Remember and tell the bank you are going to Africa so they don't stop any transactions

maidstone kent
Level Contributor
453 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending money for 2 weeks in Bamburi

we have been stopping at bamburi many years and yes tipping is part of it.

like lass8 said take afew schillings for when you get there, then use the atm for what extra you may need for trips out. the bank is only 10mins walk up the road from bamburi, and if you dont want to go on your own there is a guy in the hotel called mcfish, he will come with you. also as you have already booked your safari you will have to vacate your room, which means packing your cases

Margate, England
Level Contributor
18 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending money for 2 weeks in Bamburi

Thank you both very much for your reply. Sorry I have not posted earlier as i didnt have access to my computer.

On average how much do you think you would spend throughout, as we've never been away for 2 weeks and are trying to work out how much we need to save. I understand everybody has a different budget for holidays but I'd rather over than underestimate :)

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,273 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending money for 2 weeks in Bamburi

Hi,

At a local bar a water or soda will be around 50/-, a beer between 130 and 200/- depending on the bar, (Kahama do a happy hour 5 to 8 where Tusker Malt and Vodka kick are 95/-) you can get a bar meal for between 350 and 750/-, a pizza will cost between around 500 and 1,000/- depending on restaurant. A main course at lovely restaurants like Moorings, La Marina and Monsoons will cost in the region of 800 to 1,300/- (La Marina is slightly more expensive than the other two and Monsoons also do pasta which is cheaper than this). The fantastic home made ice cream at Yul's on the beach will cost around 500 - 600/- for a knickerbocker glory type dish.

maidstone kent
Level Contributor
453 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending money for 2 weeks in Bamburi

cricky paul you are making my mouth water yul,s ice cream fab

Margate, England
Level Contributor
18 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending money for 2 weeks in Bamburi

Mine is too Ryhs. Thank you Doffcocker for your detailed reply about prices in the area this will be a great help when trying to work out how much to take.

Only 76 days and counting :)

7. Re: Spending money for 2 weeks in Bamburi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, October 20, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Bamburi