We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuoni & Kenya Airways

Hatfield, United...
Level Contributor
342 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Kuoni & Kenya Airways

Hi all,

We are flying out to stay at the Travellers Club on 17th August. We have booked with Kuoni and are flying with Kenya Airways. First time we have used either. Has anyone else used either of them and have any info what they are like?

Thanks.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,727 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuoni & Kenya Airways

Hi,

Have used Kenyan Airways (KQ) several times (on the Amsterdam - Nairobi route). They don't have state of the art planes, entertainment systems, etc and are not in the class of some of the middle-eastern or far-eastern airlines but I have had no problems with them and the service is good and genuinely pleasant and they are very liberal with the drinks (have found them prferable to KLM who they share the route with and who occasionally provide the flight)

Hatfield, United...
Level Contributor
342 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuoni & Kenya Airways

Thanks for the info, sounds like I'd better pack my mp3 for the flight LOL.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuoni & Kenya Airways

We always use Kuoni for our holidays. We must have had at least 30 holidays booked through them over the last 10yrs. I think they are fantastic and the reps are very friendly and professional.

I haven't used Kenya Airways,so can't comment on them. Our flights have KQ flight numbers but are operated by KLM aircraft from Europe (MAN-AMS-NBO). We will use KQ aircraft NBO-MBA-NBO. I think the great thing about KQ/KLM is the luggage allowance - a whopping 46kg in the hold and 10kg carry on.

I booked our trip to kenya this year with Hayes and Jarvis as they were over £1000.00 cheaper than Kuoni (same flights, dates and hotel). I phoned Kuoni and asked them to match H & J quote, I explained that we always use them for our holidays and would rather give them the business than someone else.Kuoni got back to me after checking out H&J prices saying that there was no way they could match a quote with such a huge difference in cost, that it was a fantastic price and I should book it without delay. So that's what I did. It's our first long haul trip using another tour operator, I just hope that H&J are as good as Kuoni.

Dejo

Hatfield, United...
Level Contributor
342 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuoni & Kenya Airways

Thanks for the reassuring info on Kuoni. My wife booked with them because they could tailor make our holiday on the dates we wanted. 8 days at Travellers Club, 3 days safari, 3 more days at Travellers Club.

I know they have a good reputation, but it's always nice to hear from people who have personal experience.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,073 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuoni & Kenya Airways

Kenya Airways is a good airline. True, they are not like Etihad/Qatar/Emirates, but I always find their service to be genuine and warm, and they are very generous with the booze:)

They tend to use the new 777 on the LHR-NBO route, which has AVOD (limited), and decent seats with good pitch. You will enjoy your trip.

Hatfield, United...
Level Contributor
342 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuoni & Kenya Airways

Thanks roadwarriorafrica, looking forward to it.

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kuoni & Kenya Airways

I also like the fact if your sleeping your not woken for drinks - scratch cards - duty free

every 20 mts the FA`s come around with trays of cold drinks - if they pass by - just take what you want or ask for a cuppa. nothing is too much for them to attend to .

very generous baggage allowance- make sure you use it !!!!

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kuoni & Kenya Airways

I also like the fact if your sleeping your not woken for drinks - scratch cards - duty free

every 20 mts the FA`s come around with trays of cold drinks - if they pass by - just take what you want or ask for a cuppa. nothing is too much for them to attend to .

very generous baggage allowance- make sure you use it !!!!

Hatfield, United...
Level Contributor
342 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kuoni & Kenya Airways

Thanks drakesdrum. What is the baggage allowance?

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,734 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kuoni & Kenya Airways

KQ baggage allowance is excellent, 46kg

Baggage Alerts

New Baggage Allowance

With effect from 01 October 2008, Kenya Airways will offer Maximum free baggage allowance and weights from Europe to Nairobi, Mombasa, Dar es Salaam, Entebbe, Khartoum, Kigali, Bujumbura, Lusaka, Lilongwe, Addis, Maputo, Johannesburg, Antananarivo, Djibouti, Comoros and Mayotte return, except to/from LCY airport. e.g. LHR KQ NBO or LHR KL AMS KQ NBO.

Economy Class:

2 pieces @ 23Kgs per piece

Business Class:

2 pieces @ 32Kgs per piece

Maximum Size:

(L, W, H) 158cm per piece

* The previous weight allowance was 20Kg total on Economy and 30Kg total on Business.

Get answers to your questions about Bamburi