We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

other attractions in area

Shawnee, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
other attractions in area

My family will be staying in a lake home at Tenkiller next month. My daughter is pregnant and cannot ski, tube, or ride in a boat. Any suggestions for things to see/do in the area while the rest of the fam is having water fun? We will be accompanied part of the time by 2-3 small children.

6 replies to this topic
Oklahoma City...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: other attractions in area

Tenkiller State Park offers several amenities include a swimming pool, swim beach, scuba dive park, nature center, paved hiking trail, bicycle rentals, play courts. playground, kids fishing pond, marina, seasonal restaurant and recreational programming.

Oklahoma City...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: other attractions in area

The State Park at Tenkiller offers include a swimming pool, swim beach, scuba dive park, nature center, paved hiking trail, bicycle rentals, play courts. playground, kids fishing pond, marina, restaurant and recreational programming.

Shawnee, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: other attractions in area

Thanks for the info. I'll check the state park website a little closer. Any ideas about sightseeing? Do you know if there is anything to do in Gore?

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: other attractions in area

Check out this website:

http://www.laketenkiller.com/

The area communties page tells about each town in the area. Gore is supposed to have some antique stores downtown.

You might want to go to Tallequah to see the Murrell home or the Cherokee Heritage Center.

There are also some scenic drives in the area.

Shawnee, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: other attractions in area

Thank you. I'll use the links you provided.

Sand Springs
Level Contributor
5 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: other attractions in area

If you like history the trail of tears and civil war areas are near by.

nps.gov/trte/…places-to-go-in-oklahoma.htm

Reply to: other attractions in area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tahlequah
Recent Conversations