We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Ocean Road Tours

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Great Ocean Road Tours

Hello

I'm planning to stay with family in McCrae and I have been searching in vain for a tour from anywhere in the Peninsula to the Great Ocean Road. Does anyone know of any companies that offer this please? There are plenty of trips available from Melbourne but this doesn't fit in with our plans.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Ocean Road Tours

It's highly unlikely there will be tours from there as there won't be demand for it. Will you have a rental car or use of a car for a couple of days? If you can take a couple of days to self drive the GOR, staying overnight somewhere along the way, would be the best option. Otherwise, you might need to stay somewhere in Melbourne for a couple of nights to do the tour. It's a long day, which is why it's an early start & late return to the city.

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Ocean Road Tours

I was afraid someone was going to say that but thank you anyway! :)

Docklands Melbourne
Level Contributor
144 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Ocean Road Tours

It may not suit your budget, however one of the Harley Motorcycle Tours is an option to consider. It is a terrific way to see the GOR.....

4. Re: Great Ocean Road Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, March 22, 2015