We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Tripadvisor
Janjanbureh

Bird Safari Camp

Suffolk
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
Bird Safari Camp
Save

Hello

I wondered if anybody who has stayed at Bird Safari Camp prefers the tents or huts. I feel maybe the tents would be nice because it looks as if they are close to the river, but I'm only going on photos I have seen.

Many thanks

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
316 posts
66 reviews
130 helpful votes
1. Re: Bird Safari Camp
Save

Hi Puffinsam, we chose a tent; although the huts were lovely too.

The tent was really near to the river and in the morning, as it was getting light, with the mist hazing over the water was magical, as was the entire experience.

I'd go for a tent if we went again. (although its a few years since we were there).

I hope you enjoy it.

Edited: 9 years ago
Suffolk
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Bird Safari Camp
Save

Thanks for that. Tent it is then if we can manage it. Your description sounds absolutely idyllic !

On another note has anybody stayed at Boboi Lodge? It's just that I've read a new review which isn't at all complimentary. I would prefer that my bed actually has a sheet on it !

UK
Level Contributor
182 posts
19 reviews
12 helpful votes
3. Re: Bird Safari Camp
Save

I was at Boboi between Kmas and New Year. I stayed in one of the ensuite roundhouses for a rate that I thought was quite reasonable. We certainly had a sheet on our bed. The review you mention is in relation to one of the bungalows, which are considerably more expensive. Can't comment on whether these are value for money.

I would have no problem in recommending Boboi. The facilities are reaonably basic - no electricity in rooms and no hot water - but the food is ok and not expensive. More imortantly what price for a location that will give you a vista o fmile after mile of forest tinged beach and not a bumster in sight? You're also very well placed for arranging visits across the river into Casmance.

Suffolk
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Bird Safari Camp
Save

Thank you Chico. That's helped to put my mind at rest. We are quite happy with a rustic experience , just want to be chilled and be able to wander about, and hubby will doubtless be sitting there with a fishing rod!

5. Re: Bird Safari Camp

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:41 am, July 09, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Janjanbureh
More Janjanbureh Topics