We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice please

Which Ramstein-Miesenbach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
203 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Need advice please

We are travelling military space a to Ramstein in April. Our desire is to see the sights a bit around the immediate area, go to Paris to take the kids nothing lengthy (DH and I have been) and then over to Bruges. We can't reserve anything in advance and we will have about 7 days. I know this may not seem long but we have to make it work (I am hopeful). Our intention is to rent a car of course my concern is driving in Paris. I have noticed that most recommend staying outside of the city. We had hoped to come in the summer and have more time but job changes won't permit it. So my question is basically to ask for suggestions with this itinerary in mind especially with the Paris bit.

Thanks in advance and all advice is appreciated!

4 replies to this topic
Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,141 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice please

go by train. Paris by car is a nightmare.

Ramstein-Miesenbach...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice please

Driving is not that bad; from Ramstein to Paris will take about 3 1/2 to 4 hours and you will come across a lot of tolls. I think the total amount of the tolls was $40.00 one way. For accommodations, I do not suggest staying outside the city because you will want to find your place to stay, somewhere to store your car (parking garage) and utilize public transit to get to where you want to go. An awesome web-site I LOVE to use for places to stay is Airbnb.com and you can find an apartment in the city very cheap and last minute. Of course the number of choices available to you is going to dwindle on Airbnb.com, but that is your best bet. Any other questions?

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
6,900 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advice please

Please read the dates of the original posts before you answer them, Daniel.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need advice please

But there are a few more space-a travelers and this forum is very slim on the info so appreciate even old info.

I never even thought about going to Paris.

Reply to: Need advice please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ramstein-Miesenbach