We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iro's beach house

Vancouver, Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
iro's beach house

Haveing a hard time finding pictures and reviews for Iro's beach villa!

Has anyone been there recently?

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,954 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: iro's beach house

Thanks for that, DonnaMaree.

I hope the latest trip to your special part of the world was as enjoyable as usual.

Canada/Australia
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: iro's beach house

We don't leave until the 8th. Staying at Cooks Bay Villas this time, but will be checking Iro's beach house out while we are there.

nz
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,954 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: iro's beach house

Hadn't realised you have yet to go. But you're really in 'sleep counting' mode now. I hope that, as usual, you have a wonderful time.

Look forward to hearing about Cooks Bay Villas, the new Iro's and any other changes such as restaurants.

Canada/Australia
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: iro's beach house

We are really, really looking forward to this trip. We had planned and booked Iro's through the owner last year and she ended up cancelling on us without an explanation. We were very disappointed and didn't end up getting to Raro in 2012.

Cooks Bay wasn't that much more than Iro's but I know we are going to miss having our own yard with chickens and roosters and the beach to ourselves, but now that iro's beach house is finished we will have to learn to share.

nz
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,954 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: iro's beach house

Hi again DonnaMaree

Can understand how much you're looking forward to this trip after last year's experience.

Have sent you a PM.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: iro's beach house

Can anyone give me the latest on Iros Beach House....it looks really good on the website but would it be too small for 4 people?

Is there enough room in the lounge area to relax as we spend a lot of time there if the weather is a little off. We also love to eat at home BBQ Rarotonga's fabulous fish.

Does it have 2 kayaks or 1 double?

We have previously stayed at Maeva but it is booked out for nearly all this year and Iros Villa is also pretty well booked.....I guess that says something about them.

Thank you in advance

nz
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,954 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: iro's beach house

Hi Brenda

We didn't stay there, but did have a good look through both the Villa (original property) plus the new Beach House during our last trip in November.

It is nice and modern as you'd expect but only has one bathroom which could be a problem with 4 people.

It's also built on the other side of the section from the Villa but, unfortunately, it's right on the boundary with the Titikaveka Beach house. This affects the privacy of both properties in my view.

The deck is nice and, from memory, the living area is adequate but the deck faces away from the villa and towards the boundary.

Although nice and modern, we wouldn't choose to stay there for those reasons. I also wonder if they may decide to put a third house on the section as they've left so much room between them but that's only conjecture on my part.

I can't help with the kayaks. Sorry.

Iro's Villa and Maeva are much better but, as you say, that's why they are heavily booked.

Know what you mean about staying at home and enjoying the fresh fish. One of our great pleasures, especially if eating while watching the lagoon.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: iro's beach house

Thanks so much....guess it puts me back to square one. Might take a look at Cooks Villas or if any other suggestions it would be appreciated.

Cant wait to get back to Rarotonga now that I have started talking about it.

Thanks again for your help

nz
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,954 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: iro's beach house

You're very welcome.

I know DonnaMaree will recommend Cooks Villas - she may have sent you a PM already. But they, too, have become very popular.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: iro's beach house

Yes your're right...Cooks Villas are also booked for most of the year.

Guess I might to waiting until 2015 unfortunately unless I can come up with something else.

Get answers to your questions about Titikaveka
More Titikaveka Topics