We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Andria to Castel del Monte in winter

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
Bus from Andria to Castel del Monte in winter

I read that bus 6 does not run from Andra to Castel del Monte in winter. I can't find it myself, either. But it is hard to believe there are no buses running in winter at all.

Anybody, please?

For me bus can be from Andria, Corato or even Bari.

7 replies to this topic
Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
6,142 posts
1,082 reviews
817 helpful votes
1. Re: Bus from Andria to Castel del Monte in winter

Hi! Unfortunately, I also did research, and there really seems to be no public transport since November 2 until March 31 between Andria and Castel del Monte.

The only option would be to ride from Andria (or from Corato) by taxi.

To prevent scams, maybe it may be useful to ask for a quote on this site (which however is only in Italian).

baxiz.it/preventivi/100-Tariffa-Taxi-Da-Staz…

I'm sorry I cannot help you anymore.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Bus from Andria to Castel del Monte in winter

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

May I ask you this? If you go to this page

http://www.stpspa.it/orari-tratte-stp/

and check out the "WINTER TIMES IN FORCE FROM 1 SEPTEMBER 2017 TO 30 JUNE 2018," you see on page 12 of the document that there is a bus from Bari CCIAA departing at 12:10 to Castel del Monte arriving at 15:05. Likewise, there is a return bus from Castel departing at 6:45 to Bari arriving at 7:40.

There is only one bus a day, so I would like to make sure that this info is correct. What do you think, please?

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Bus from Andria to Castel del Monte in winter

Hello,

To make things worse, I am planning to travel from Bari to Castel del Monte on Sunday!

Can you tell if the bus is running on Sundays?

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
6,142 posts
1,082 reviews
817 helpful votes
4. Re: Bus from Andria to Castel del Monte in winter

Hi! You've been able to find this timetable, which I didn't find.

Unfortunately, the bus you found (clearly conceived for commuters towards Bari and not for tourists, considering its times) doesn't work on public holidays.

In fact on page 2 of the pdf file you can read the following notice:

"I SERVIZI NON SI EFFETTUANO LA DOMENICA ED I GIORNI FESTIVI, AD ECCEZIONE DELLE CORSE ESPRESSAMENTE INDICATE"

which means

"SERVICES DON'T OPERATE ON SUNDAY AND ON PUBLIC HOLIDAYS, EXCEPT FOR SPECIFICALLY INDICATED RIDES"

and it's not the case with these rides.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
5. Re: Bus from Andria to Castel del Monte in winter

Sorry, but I have to say, Damn!!! I thought I found the solution!

Oh, well, but I guess it still operates on Mondays, when I plan to return to Bari. So I guess I could take a train to Corato and take a taxi on Sunday. I hope trains and taxis run on Sundays!

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
6,142 posts
1,082 reviews
817 helpful votes
6. Re: Bus from Andria to Castel del Monte in winter

"I hope trains and taxis run on Sundays!"

About the trains: yes, they do.

But because of works, you will travel by train up to Bitonto; from Bitonto onward you will travel by bus (therefore also to Corato and Andria).

The following is the "Ferrovie del Nord Barese" timetable, as for Sundays and other public holidays:

ferrovienordbarese.it/tmp/downloads/orario_i…

7. Re: Bus from Andria to Castel del Monte in winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:30 pm, December 30, 2017

Reply to: Bus from Andria to Castel del Monte in winter
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Andria