We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel / apartment advice please

Dorset
Level Contributor
20 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
hotel / apartment advice please

My friend wants to stay in Agia Marina, I have never been to that part of crete and they don't do internet).

They have chosen Agia marina as they want to stay on the beach, somewhere with a bit of life but not clubby, - Good choice?

They have looked at reviews but are having trouble making a decision, they would like somewhere that is not too basic, on the beach and within walking distance (max 20 mins) of the old town so they can eat in the taverna's. They would like a sea view and self catering or b&b, prefer a pool.

Any advice ?? Marina Plaza, Minerva Beach, Hotel haris, folio, Thalassa..

Thanks

Arlandastad, Sweden
Level Contributor
419 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: hotel / apartment advice please

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g635605-d1…

Expensive but Cretan and you can be sure your food is cooked in olive oil. Very popular with Greeks too

Dorset
Level Contributor
20 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: hotel / apartment advice please

Haris is booked, thank you everyone.

Now I will look at the restaurants , the links are helpful especially given the choice!

isle of wight
Level Contributor
324 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: hotel / apartment advice please

I see that you have already booked up. We actually stayed in the Dias which is on the street where all the nice little tavernas you are looking for are. And the beach is just over the road. Aghia Marina is a nice little resort.......not really a typical Greek village, but nice all the same. Everything is there that you need...supermarkets, ATMs, bus stops and tourist train. Im sure you will enjoy it

Regards

Fitz

14. Re: hotel / apartment advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 25, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Agia Marina
Recent Conversations