We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agia Marina in May

Hallifax
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Agia Marina in May

Hi

We are looking to go to Agia Marina in May and have identified Oscar Suites Village Hotel as potentially pleasant looking accommodation in a good location. Has anyone stayed here \ h\ve any comments on whether this would be a good choice. Outside of this are there any other recommendations Trip Advisors could make. (We are a couple in our early 50's looking for a relaxing time with the opportunity to sample some traditional Greek cooking and a good base to explore some of the island. It is our first visit to Crete but we have holidayed in Greece many times).

Also would you pre-book airport transfers or rely on finding taxis at the airport?

Thanks in advance for any advice given

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Agia Marina in May

hi there...

I can't really tell about the Oscar Village's hospitality and services (as i'm a local in Chania so there is no need to stay in a hotel). But i can say about it's location: It is on the west end of Agia Marina, close to the limits to Platanias village, on the main road, a few meters from the beach line. Therefore, you would be in a walking distance to Platanias Square too (apart from the area of Agia Marina), a few steps to the beach, close to a bus stop to Chania city for an evening out. On May, especially in the first half of it, the area is still "quiet", so "relaxing" is a goal to be fulfilled. Oooh!...as far as i know, it has recently renovated.

Regarding the taxi from the airport (which is what i do for living, so i can definitely speak about it ), you would find a taxi in the taxi rank of the airport, so no need for a prebook if you fear of not finding a taxi at the airport. The price range to your hotel is maximum a 40 euros fare, so have that in mind if you plan to prebook a taxi.

Hope that you would have a good time.

Edited: 4:40 pm, January 06, 2014
Arlandastad, Sweden
Level Contributor
427 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agia Marina in May

I would prebook. We booked with Kostas. Excellent honest service.

http://taxi4crete.gr/index.php/en/

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
697 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agia Marina in May

We have used the airport bus service, which runs to the bus station in town, several times and found it good value. I don't know your flight times, but if you look online, (search KTEL Chania timetables) and check:-

"Supraregional line to Chania Airport with departure from Hania "

This will give you all the bus times.

Buses run from the bus station to Aghia Marina until about midnight.

Hallifax
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agia Marina in May

Thanks to all who took the time to read my post and were kind enough to reply.

We have booked the accommodation (as no one said OMG dont go there :-) ) and are looking forward to a warm relaxing time in Crete.

Thank you again

Essex
Level Contributor
107 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agia Marina in May

I would also add that it is worth booking a taxi in advance.

We use Kostas for our airport transfers to and from Aghia Marina where we stay in the Heaven Apartments. He provides a good, reliable, honest service and he will also give you an impromptu Greek lesson if you ask nicely!!

You MUST make an effort to find your way up to Manolis Taverna in the old village...Cretan hospitality at its very best...we have been eating there every year for the past 13 years!!

6. Re: Agia Marina in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 14, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Agia Marina