We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is it like in October

Herne Bay, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
What is it like in October

I am going to Agia Marina Crete 9th - 16th October and just wondered if anyone could tell me what it is like this time of year. For example: Are the Tavernas, Bars and shops still open. Will it be warm enough to sit on the beach? I would appriciate any helpful tips

Thanks

1. Re: What is it like in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:47 am, September 12, 2012
Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,422 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is it like in October

Reply #1 reported as advertising to TA.

Martin

Agii Apostoli...
Level Contributor
996 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is it like in October

Hi!

I would say that 1-15 October is the start of closing time for most shops, tavernas and so on. The rule in Greece and most touristic areas near the end of season is that they keep business open depending on how busy they are. All business reduce staff for sure, as there are less tourists, but in my opinion at least half will be open until mid October. From mid-October onwards there will be less options, but on the other side, it will be more peacefull, quiet, cleaner beaches, friendlier staff in restaurants and hotels (have more time to spare and start to relax), also the nature itself will be greener as there will be some spare rains.

Weather wise, in September it rains (if it does) maximum 5-7 days, in October I would guess 1 week. Last year the downpour started in November. But with global warming (you know this by the bad weather northern Europe had this year - in Norway it snowed in June and July), its hard to tell, its a hit and miss. But rain wise, it doesn't drizzle in Crete. There is either heavy rain for 5-7 days or sun. Perhaps a few clouds just going past if it doesn't rain.

About staying on the beach, day temperature is around 20C in the day, 10-15C at night (you will need a blanket). The sun is at its best in my opinion, warm, but not too much to burn you, so its perfect for sunbathing.

So in conclusion, there is a small risk there might be rain, but most of the days it should be sunny.

Enjoy Crete and Greece!

4. Re: What is it like in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Agia Marina