We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

agia marina

Which Agia Marina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
agia marina

Hi just wondering what agia marina is like, thinking of going somewhere quiet on the west side of crete and was wondering where is best to go, and agia marina was reccomended to me. Really want to avoid places that are like malia, but want somewhere with things to do - trips out, nice restaurants watersports etc, Ideally a cheap version of elounda on the west side. Any comments would be great

Market Harborough...
Level Contributor
178 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: agia marina

We have rarely been back to any resorts as there are so many places to see... but, we went to Aghis Marina last year and both felt it had everything we wanted; not too crowded, good beach, great choice of Tavernas serving excellent authentic dishes and very friendly locals. We returned this year to enjoy it equally as much and have already booked to go back next year. It should offer everything you are looking for.

Herne Bay, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: agia marina

I am going in October the 9th-16th and just wondered what it would be like then?

Essex
Level Contributor
106 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: agia marina

It will still be pleasantly warm, but much quieter than mid summer!!! (Sorry for stating the obvious!). A lot of the tavernas will be reducing staffing levels and many of them will be putting wind screens up to keep the warmth in for evening dining. All in all a much more laid back time of the year to visit with the overiding plus point of the sea being beautifully warm still! Also, this is an ideal time of the year to do the Samaria Gorge walk. Not too hot!!

When you go to Agia Marina, make the trip up to Manolis taverna tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1049093… in the old village and tell Yiannis that John and Annette say "Hi and see you next year!"

Enjoy...I am sure you will!

brighton
Level Contributor
630 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: agia marina

loads of Germans tourists , bring a bat and ball and join the locals on the beach !! , the sea can get a bit choppy with the life guards quick in getting people out of the water on inflatables, red flag flying and some people haven't got a clue !!

middx
Level Contributor
403 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: agia marina

Found the beach lovely, a bit wavy at times, no ref flags when we were tjhete last July, lots of Greek youngsters, grapes n bat n ball, sea was warm, people friendly, food all sorts, really loved the Horia Tiki in Ag M village, top service, atmosphere & food the best we had, pre order the lkleftico as wasn't, then on the menu, not a typically Greek resort though

Finland
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: agia marina

going next month our 5th time so not so bad a place to go to

isle of wight
Level Contributor
324 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: agia marina

I have just returned fro Agia Marina 2 days ago....and wish I were still there!

Its a lovely little resort..mainly Scandanavian tourists, but also at this time a lot of Greeks too, which I loved. Its no cheaper than the UK really, but the food and the hospitality of the people in the bars and tavernas make up for it. It is easy to get around...bus, tourist train or taxi...(taxis are not that cheap!)

Its chilled, relaxed and nice......and we loved it.............hope you do too : )

18. Re: agia marina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Agia Marina