We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Cotillo in October

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
El Cotillo in October

Hey all.

We're looking to book a holiday for mid October and was wondering what the temperatures are like for swimming in the sea, generally speaking.

I ask because I know the island can be a little windy and and have read that this can affect the sea temperatures.

Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Cotillo in October

Bump

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Cotillo in October

seatemperature.org/europe/spain/el-cotillo-o…

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Cotillo in October

Hey

I was in El Cotillo last October and the lagoon area by Cotillo Lagos hotel is fantastic for swimming, because its sheltered its is warmer than usual. Lovely pure white sand beaches and small dunes on that part of the beach.

Mart

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Cotillo in October

Thanks for your reply.

So it's generally warm and not too cold due to the time of year or the wind?

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,505 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Cotillo in October

The temperatures in that link seem a bit low to me. Anyway, October is the month when the sea is at its warmest, which is why the swims from Lobos and Lanzarote to Corralejo are held in that month. The weather can be a little unsettled in October - there may even be some rain - but you're more or less guaranteed some nice warm, sunny days. Windless days are rare here but some are no more than breezy.

As long as the weather acts normally, which seems not to be normal at the moment. :(

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Cotillo in October

22/23 low? that's a nice temperature out of the water :/

it will be plenty warm enough for me in 24 days time :)

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
777 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Cotillo in October

According to www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/city, the average daily high was 26C. The lowest daily maximum was 24C and the highest 32C. It looks like there was one day when it rained.

Enjoy - October can be one of the best months in Fuerteventura

8. Re: El Cotillo in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about El Cotillo