We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses from La Herradura to Malaga

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Buses from La Herradura to Malaga

Can anyone advise me where I can find a bus timetable for the above route for march 2012? Also do the buses run on Sundays?

Sailandstay
Boat Tours, Boat Rentals
Activ8You
Scuba & Snorkeling, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Kayaking & Canoeing
Buggy Buggy Tours
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Next Level Cycling
Gear Rentals, Bike Tours, Day Trips
10 replies to this topic
derby
Level Contributor
597 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses from La Herradura to Malaga

This route is run by Alsa. Times and fares at alsa.es/portal/… .

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,847 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses from La Herradura to Malaga

Winter Sunday services from La Herradura to Malaga run at:-

07.10 arriving 08.45

14.15 arriving 16.00

16.30 arriving 18.00

19.25 arriving 20.45

21.30 arriving 22.45

The fare is €5.97 per person

There is also one Sunday service from La Herradura to Malaga Airport:-

10.10 arriving 12.30 - same fare.

For further details see www.alsa.es

Edited: 1:14 am, January 26, 2012
Mentioned in this post
La Herradura
La Herradura
Almunecar, Spain
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Sonoma, California
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses from La Herradura to Malaga

Should I try to rent a car at Malaga airport to get to La Herradura ? Or will the parking near the neighborhood be a nightmare ? Better to take the bus ? And can you take a reasonable amount of luggage on the bus ?

Edited: 6:26 pm, April 16, 2012
Mentioned in this post
La Herradura
La Herradura
Almunecar, Spain
Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,847 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses from La Herradura to Malaga

There is a large underfloor hold on teh bus so luggage no problem.

However, without a car you will be limited to the places you can visit from La Herradura so, personally, I would hire one from the airport.

Edited: 2:22 am, April 17, 2012
Mentioned in this post
La Herradura
La Herradura
Almunecar, Spain
Sonoma, California
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Buses from La Herradura to Malaga

Really appreciate any help . So here goes again , I have a reservation for a car , what concerns me is parking it . Looks like from Google Earth pictures that parking spaces on the street are not always marked . Certainly a red curb would mean NO PARKING ? Right ? But I see yellow curbs in some pictures . Are they commercial zones and do they have hours of the day they can be used ? A car could be a lot of trouble if it gets towed . there is no driveway where we are staying . It looks from a mark on a map that it is very near Calle de Las Marennos .

Edited: 2:55 pm, April 17, 2012
Sonoma, California
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Buses from La Herradura to Malaga

Really appreciate any help . So here goes again , I have a reservation for a car , what concerns me is parking it . Looks like from Google Earth pictures that parking spaces on the street are not always marked . Certainly a red curb would mean NO PARKING ? Right ? But I see yellow curbs in some pictures . Are they commercial zones and do they have hours of the day they can be used . A car could be a lot of trouble if it gets towed . there is no driveway where we are staying . It looks from a mark on a map that it is very near Calle de Las Marennos .

Edited: 2:58 pm, April 17, 2012
Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buses from La Herradura to Malaga

Outside the top summerseason July and August you can park everywhere in La Herradura. Even along blue stripes on the boulevard Paseo Andres Seogovia. Only one street is paid parking. But that's not at the waterfront. Look for parkingmeters. Try them. If they don't work the (parking) season is over. Else ask. Necesito pagar aqui para aparcar? Everybody knows.

Mentioned in this post
La Herradura
La Herradura
Almunecar, Spain
Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buses from La Herradura to Malaga

For buses all over Andalucia via the main roads so also from La Herradura to Malaga BUS STATION http://www.alsa.es/portal/site/Alsa/ is THE solution. From the BUS STATION take the shuttle to the airport.

Bus La Herradura - Malaga takes only € 6,-- You cannot even walk for that. Airco and WiFi on board. Reservation recommended if there is a ticket office (Nerja for example)

Mentioned in this post
La Herradura
La Herradura
Almunecar, Spain
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Nerja
Nerja
Costa del Sol, Spain
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buses from La Herradura to Malaga

Is it better if we buy the tickets online?

Edited: 7:55 am, April 23, 2017
Almunecar, Spain
Level Contributor
545 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buses from La Herradura to Malaga

You can just pay the driver. I would go to Alsa and check the schedule because this thread was from 2012 and it may have changed.

Reply to: Buses from La Herradura to Malaga
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Herradura