We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog-friendly?

Rockhampton...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dog-friendly?

Hi everybody, Am going to Montville for the June long weekend and taking my King Charles Cavalier. The accommodation is dog-friendly but I was wondering if the shops and restaurants are. Any clues?

4 replies to this topic
Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog-friendly?

Sadly, not in Montville. You will probably have to leave him/her at the accommodation. I go regularly to Montville and I must admit, I rarely see people with dogs.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog-friendly?

not allowed to take into eating establishments.....council can fine owner.

Montville, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog-friendly?

I often take my dog to town in Montville. My suggestions are The Edge Cafe where you can sit outside and tie your dog to a verandah post outside the cafe area and just a short distance from your table. And if you sit in the garden at Montville Cafe Bar and Grill (perfect for lunch on a sunny day), you could tie your dog on the outside of the fence and you'll be able to keep an eye on her/him. I've also sat in the outdoor area at Wild Rocket at Mistys and tied my dog to the hedge at the front so she's out on the lawn. In all these places, the dog is outside the cafe area but you can see them from your table. La Botiga at Mapleton is also good and has two posts outside for dogs. Hope you enjoy your stay in Montville.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog-friendly?

can live with the doggy posts but not with woofers under my feet inside.

Reply to: Dog-friendly?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Montville