We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bohol and Panglao

london
Level Contributor
162 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Bohol and Panglao

I'm planning my trip and i just wondered should i treat Bohol and Panglao island as one destination or two.

So should i stay in Bohol to and visit all the Bohol destinations like chocolate hills, loboc river etc then go to panglao and do some Panglao trips? Or is it okay just to stay in one place and move around from there?

Also does anyone have any reccomendations of good places to stay with good accessabilty to all the places worth seeing?

Sorry if these are obvious questions- its my first time in the philippines so its hard to judge the distance between things!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
647 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bohol and Panglao

Consider it as one. Panglao Island is in the province of Bohol (which is also an island). It is connected to Tagbilaran, the capital by 2 causeway bridges. With "traffic" Panglao is about 35 minutes from Tagbilaran airport. I think it might be better to stay in Panglao, then take day or half a day trips to the other attractions in Bohol.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,329 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bohol and Panglao

I suggest that you stay in Panglao (rather than Tagbilaran) and go anywhere in the province of Bohol from there.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,237 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bohol and Panglao

Stay on Panglao if you want to stay by the beach.

I have no interest in beaches so I stay in Tagbilaran.

I have done 6 tours of Bohol and my favourite place to stay in the whole Philippines is the Bohol Tropics.

http://www.boholtropics.com

It is not a beach resort but it is by the sea. It is close to the airport, the pier, malls, banks, medical facilities and shopping. It has 3 restaurants, 3 swimming pools and a disco free for guests.

Regards: Jim

Cape Town
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bohol and Panglao

Panglao is pretty small and connected to Bohol by a bridge so treat as one destination. You could stay in Tagbiliran, but for the 30 mins extra drive I think its worth staying on Panglao where you have access to beaches, plus its a bit more "islandy" and chilled.

I was there two weeks ago and stayed near Alona Beach on Panglao. If I were to go back I would stay at the nearby Dumaluan beach, which is also on Panglao but less commercial than Alona.

You can easily do the Chocolate Hills, Loboc river cruise, Tarsiers etc in a full day trip or two half day trips day trip from Panglao. I also recommend going on an "island hopping" tour to Balicasag (amazing snorkeling) and Virgin island (beautiful uninhabited island) from Panglao. Diving is also supposed to be great if you have you license (if you have long enough you can also do it with one of the schools there).

If you are comfortable riding a motorcycle, I think thats a great way of getting around Panglao and you can do a tour of the island yourself. You could also hire a guy with a tricycle to take you around - motorbike with sidecar - loads of fun :)

5. Re: Bohol and Panglao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, October 29, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Panglao Island