We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parsons Landing Camping Trip - Need some advice.

wleasure
Level Contributor
54 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Parsons Landing Camping Trip - Need some advice.

Hi guys/gals. I just discovered Parsons Landing as a possible camping sight and it looks AWESOME. A couple buddies and I are thinking about doing the trip end of April. We would only be going for one night, and I am puzzled on how to get from Avalon to Two Harbors/trail head. We are coming in from Newport Beach to Avalon and get in around 10:15 according to the ferry schedule and can we then just take a cab, or???

Is this a doable overnight? We are in good shape and are looking forward to the 7 mile hike in. Thoughts, advice, thanks?

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,025 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parsons Landing Camping Trip - Need some advice.

We take the Catalina Espress to Two Harbors. I know they go there from San Pedro and Long Beach.

catalinaexpress.com/scheduleFaresLongBeach.p…

Do you have your reservations made? I see you get a key for the lock box at your camp site, containing the wood and water at Two Harbors Visitor Center.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,488 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parsons Landing Camping Trip - Need some advice.

So you want to travel by boat and then hike there in one day and then spend just one night? It will take you all day to get there since you'll need to drive to Catalina Express to catch the ferry to Two Harbors and then hike 7 miles from Two Harbors to Parson's. It is very remote and a fabulous location.

Here is the schedule for Catalina Express from Long Beach. It does not look like they have service from San Pedro in April.

catalinaexpress.com/scheduleFaresLongBeach.p…

I'm sure you've seen this already but here is the information for Parson's

https:/…camp_parsonsLanding.php

I believe the shore boat at Two Harbors makes runs to Emerald Cove but I'm not sure when they start that service in the Spring. You would need to call Two Harbors for this information.

3. Re: Parsons Landing Camping Trip - Need some advice.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:27 am, April 06, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Catalina Island