We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Sis Pins-staying open through the winter 2013/4

Which Port de Pollenca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Sis Pins-staying open through the winter 2013/4

Brave move. I hope it works for them.Time was when it was a Globespan exclusive and mainly a domain of the Scots but it all changed when Globespan went belly up.Nice location near Hotel Miramar but I do think they sold their soul when they brought in Cappucino. Their prices are just ridiculous but the facilities are tops and something has to pay for them.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
7,854 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Sis Pins-staying open through the winter 2013/4

That's great news, hope it goes well. I wonder if Cappucinos will also be open through the whole year.

Even though Cappucinos is pricy, I feel it's a positive addition to Puerto Pollensa's eating / drinking options. It counterbalances the rapid increase in Dakota Tex Mex establishments in recent years.

On another webforum, I spotted a rumour that in 2015 Cappucinos would be buying the whole Hotel Sis Pins and enhancing it. (I've no direct info, only seen a rumour).

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Sis Pins-staying open through the winter 2013/4

When we were in Mallorca in February, Pollenca town was very quiet and Port de Pollenca even more so. There was virtually nobody around, even on lovely sunny days. I can't imagine how they will fill the rooms in the winter.

On the other hand, Palma and Soller were even better than in the holiday season. Plenty of people around to give it some atmosphere but none of the crowds.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Sis Pins-staying open through the winter 2013/4

Cappucinos (touch of class) advertise they are open year round. Out of season they erect a marquee-like allweather frame with roll-up walls to their terrace on the pedestrian prom with portable calor heaters.

newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Sis Pins-staying open through the winter 2013/4

Seems a bit strange to me...

Good luck to them, however looking at my Puerto Pollenca webcam this afternoon they are going to need it.

GHOST TOWN.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Sis Pins-staying open through the winter 2013/4

I didn't register my surprise in the title of my thread. However PP is not a place to be from November through February so I too think Sis Pins are brave.Palma and Soller will be much more appealing in the winter because they are working towns/city and don't pander to tourism.

I was in PP around 20th of last month for a couple of days and even then I was surprised how many places had already closed up for the winter-even my fave Bar Bon Dia.It did seem premature as the weather was glorious but then that is not reliable as the storms that followed proved.

newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Sis Pins-staying open through the winter 2013/4

I notice that the Hotel Illa Dor reopens on 08 March next year. .the hotel has a loyal clientele but this does seem rather early to me. .a few years ago I stayed there the first week of May and the hotel was virtually deserted. .unlike WS i am no expert on PP but i cannot see how any hotel there could turn much of a profit before Easter at the earliest.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Sis Pins-staying open through the winter 2013/4

I agree.Nothing much happens until Easter week whatever the weather.

Hotel Illa d'Or is a one-off.Many guests never move off-site for the duration of their holidays not even into town.And kj must have been the youngest there.It has the most idyllic location but the prices for the decent rooms with balconies and sea views are eye-watering.But as kj said some guests return year on year.I stayed there for a week once-wouldn't return. But Club Illa d'Or their upscale block of apartments across the road are really good.

(However I can remember swimming in the sea off Playa Formentor in March many years ago. It was cold but it was tolerable and I wasn't so nesh in those days).

newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Sis Pins-staying open through the winter 2013/4

There are few rooms with balcony and full sea view and the high season prices are indeed eye watering. .fortunately my stay was hosted by the hotel so had little impact on my bank balance ! I agree the apartments are rather nice, although they are also on the pricey side..its all a bit chalk and cheese compared to my usual haunt of the Guadalupe however i am rather fond of Puerto Pollensa...

9. Re: Hotel Sis Pins-staying open through the winter 2013/4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca