We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Restauraunts in Port de Pollenca

Glasgow
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Family Restauraunts in Port de Pollenca

We are staying SC at the Playa Mar 16th July for two weeks and looking forward to eating out most of the time. We have a 4 year old and a 7 year old so looking for places that they can eat to. We like steaks, pizza, fish and would like lobster one night if possible. Any recommendations? Seen loads on the review list but not all look suitable for kids.

Abbaco
$$ - $$$, Sushi, Deli, Healthy
Pizzeria Vitho cafe
$, Italian, Pizza, Cafe
Al Fresco Deli
$, Fast Food, Mediterranean, European
Bromsgrove, United...
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Restauraunts in Port de Pollenca

Marco - I am here at the moment.The vast majority of restaurants will tick your boxes and particularly those located along the sea front ,from the roundabout down to the Pine Walk.

Those with younger kids tend to eat early (6-7 pm).

The only place I have seen lobster so far was a Specials night at the hotel Miramar and this in my opinion is not suitable for kids.

You will not have a problem getting loads of different types of food.

Mentioned in this post
Pine Walk
Pine Walk
482 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Hotel Miramar
Hotel Miramar
740 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Restauraunts in Port de Pollenca

You can get Lobster in Restaurantes Stay and La Llonja.You may have to pre-order.

Playa Mar is quite a trek with kids from the area stevenc describes.Nearest place of repute to Playa Mar is Little Italy who do top rate pizzas,pastas and meals with Kiddies' portions at reduced rates.On the Pine Walk into the resort.Very popular.

Edited: 6:34 am, July 07, 2013
Mentioned in this post
La Llonja
La Llonja
623 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Italy
Italy
Europe
Pine Walk
Pine Walk
482 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Restauraunts in Port de Pollenca

Also I should have mentioned Laroc which is on your side of the resort.One block back from Pine Walk.Understated place but quality food especially the pasta.Imo one of the best value restaurants in PP.Please note steak and fish anywhere is expensive relatively speaking. Restaurante Corb Mari do good steaks and you can chosse yours from the chilled display before it is cooked on the BBQ grill.Is dear though.

Mentioned in this post
Laroc
Laroc
263 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Pine Walk
Pine Walk
482 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
St. Helier, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Restauraunts in Port de Pollenca

Laguna is very close and No2 on TA...minutes from Playa Mar, just along from Pollensamar Apartments. It is a beautiful place and you can use their pool too, would make a nice alternative to the Playa Mar ....if you wanted a wee change. As well as Little Italy,which is ideal as the children can play steps away on the safe beach while you can relax after your meal, there is also Coral across from Laroc. All great places and children warmly welcomed.

http://www.lagunapollensa.com/

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Laroc
Laroc
263 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Glasgow
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Restauraunts in Port de Pollenca

Thanks to all , some great suggestions there for us to take a look at. We don't mind the lengthy walk into the square etc as we will have a buggy for the youngest and don't mind paying for a taxi back if needs be. I was a bit surprised by a lot of the menus on the top 10 places to go (not laguna) all seem to be very posh and not the typical places we are used to in cala bona etc. Anyway looking forward to it.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Restauraunts in Port de Pollenca

That's a fair observation as I know Cala Bona and Pto Pollensa very well. What it boils down to I think is that while Cala Bona is essentially a middle-of-the-road resort for Brits, PP is international and attracts some really wealthy visitors (German and nautical types in particular). Lobster when you can get it is an enormous price wherever you go-it was probably imported from Scotland!- and for decent quality steak (not the stuff imported from Central Africa) you will pay a lot likewise for decent sized fresh white fish eg sea bass.

I do enjoy grilled whole white fish in PP or even salt-baked but when the fish is so small that by the time you have taken the flesh off the bones there are only 2 forks-full I wish I had chosen salmon.They do nice grilled fillets of salmon at Rte Tango Ca Vostra even on their Menu del Dia which at 35 euros for 3 courses and a bottle of Rioja for 2 people is one of the PP culinary bargains.And it is great for children with a small play area. Sadly for your family Tango is the opposite end of the resort from Playa Mar.Rte Stay have an excellent Menu del Dia for twice the price and fish is their speciality.But imo it is a waste of money taking young children there-it's a grown ups place.

Mentioned in this post
Cala Bona
Cala Bona
Majorca, Spain
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
177 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family Restauraunts in Port de Pollenca

We have been to PP in 2011 and 2012 with our 2 kids- similar ages to your too and every restaurant we ate out in was child friendly.

Echo what another poster said about La Roc- we've ate there a few times and was always good. Little Italy good too but you'll need to book. neptunos is a good Tapas place a little bit of the main square and Tolos another good italian on the front a little bit out of the centre. IRU is expensive but does excellent paella

www.puertopollensa.com is a great site and has a really good restaurant section and forum. As we are a vegetarian family I used it loads to find out where would be good for us to eat.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family Restauraunts in Port de Pollenca

We stay regularly at the P Mar, again this year too. Second most of the above really.

Little Italy do superb pizzas, but you will need to book a few days in advance to get a table in the peak weeks. Laroc is great, superb pasta as noted.

One not mentioned but where we go at least twice is Nicos. This is a TexMex type place just off the square (not to be confused with Dakotas which is TexMex too and close by). Their food is very good and they have a great value and good quality kids menu, also crayons etc for the kids.

We always have one trip to Tango. This is about 5-10mins drive towards Alcudia (I go when I have a car for a week). The quality of the food is excellent and our kids always enjoy it ('proper' veg etc with the meal).

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Laroc
Laroc
263 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Nico's
Nico's
467 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Alcudia
Alcudia
Majorca, Spain
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family Restauraunts in Port de Pollenca

Try jokers on the sea front do kids meals and not over priced

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
10,864 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family Restauraunts in Port de Pollenca

Almost all restaurants in the resorts are suitable for children and the youngsters are made very welcome. (Though I can understand it might be a bit of a challenge managing two youngsters in some of the more upmarket places). Kids menus are always available and everywhere is flexible, so a child could have perhaps just a starter and dessert or some variation on that from the main menu.

One place that is certainly welcoming to children, is decent quality, unbelievable value, and not a vast distance from where you're staying is Trios. (It's a 'sister' restaurant to the previously mention excellent Tango Ca Vostra which is at the opposite end of the resort). Here's their website link

restaurantetrioytango.com/presentacion.htm

Trios is located a couple of streets back from the front near where the narrow Pine Walk footpath finishes as you are walking from Playa Mar towards the resort centre. Here's a streetview image taken out of season; when you exit from that at top right Trios will be in centre of map and Playa Mar is at extreme RHS of map.

http://goo.gl/maps/Up4GI

Mentioned in this post
Pine Walk
Pine Walk
482 Reviews
Majorca, Spain
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca