We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place to stay in Puerto pollensa for couple with no kid

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
best place to stay in Puerto pollensa for couple with no kid

anybody give me recommendation for either hotel or apartments located in pollensa, we are in our 40's and would prefer a smaller place, preferably adult only, we are looking for mid June for one week.

thanks

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
9,730 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best place to stay in Puerto pollensa for couple with no kid

For Puerto Pollensa and your specific requirements have a look at Hotel Miramar, Hotel Sis Pins and Hostal Bahia (in that order of preference IMO). They're not specifically 'adult only' but will tend to be quiet with very few (or no) children staying there. All ideally located, good quality, not large and plenty of local character. Sea view rooms are the ones to aim for, but availability of those might be constrained for booking at this time for June

For apartments (again few children) have a look at Maricel Apartments (owned and run by Hotel Miramar and located immediately behind it). Upmarket and we've stayed there numerous times.

Here's a couple of weblinks (you will need to Google for the others)-

http://www.hotel-miramar.net/home.php?Idi=2

http://www.miramarcollection.com/

And there's another new hotel nearby opened last year. Not been in it but it looks interesting for adults -

www.marcalmahotel.com/default.aspx?idioma=en

Edited: 5:24 pm, April 29, 2013
Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best place to stay in Puerto pollensa for couple with no kid

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1028722-d622…

Look at the reviews for La Singala - fab place for adults

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best place to stay in Puerto pollensa for couple with no kid

I'll endorse KWUK's recommendation of the Miramar but he's right about finding availability. Booking unusually late ourselves we recently tried to get a sea view room in June or July but had no luck. This was through a travel agent who tried several operators.

It may be that you would have success dealing directly with the hotel as the various tour operators have their set room allocations.

We finally secured a room in August (somewhat surprisingly) which may be a tad too hot for us but I'll happily overcome that just to be there! At the time we booked there was more availability in September.

Best of luck!

Edited: 4:47 am, May 01, 2013
newcastle/england
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best place to stay in Puerto pollensa for couple with no kid

If your budget allows then the Hotel Illa Dor is wonderful.

Lovely quiet position but still close to town.

Not as small as the other hotels mentioned above but not big either.

Perfect for a couple.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
262 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best place to stay in Puerto pollensa for couple with no kid

I would recommend the Uyal if you want sea views and swimming in the sea. The rooms in the annex are spacious, have recently been refurbished, great views of the bay. We are there again in July.

We stayed at the Singala for last year for a few days before moving on to the Uyal last July. The Singala has small rooms, but they are well furnished, great staff, nice quiet location, but not much space around the pool. As it is second line there are no sea views to talk off, except through the gaps in the villas. Lovely little hotel, just off the Pine Walk so pleasant walk to restaurants in the evening, but it depends on what is important to you.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,926 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best place to stay in Puerto pollensa for couple with no kid

Just returned from Uyal.We are a couple travelling without children. Only spotted one child staying with parents at hotel but it was early season.Will be posting a review within next few days.Lots of style in the hotel since the extensive refurb but our Junior Suite not wholly practical-no drawer space/limited hanging and shelf space.Overbath shower quite a hazard.But from the PP hotels I have experienced recently including Miramar,Capri,Pollensa Park I have no hesitation in saying Uyal is the most stylishly comfortable by some distance.At the price worth considering.I booked through Travel Republic.

Must say I like the look of Hotel Mar Calma but it is in a congested area of PP.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best place to stay in Puerto pollensa for couple with no kid

thanks for info, managed to book into HOPOSA BAHIA for last week in June, can't wait, thanks again.

Angela

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
176 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best place to stay in Puerto pollensa for couple with no kid

My mum visits PP regularly and always stays at the Mirimar and really rates it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best place to stay in Puerto pollensa for couple with no kid

Hi. Cannot recomend HR la Goleta too highly. Just returned from a 10 day trip. I use the hotel regularly. My wife and I have been going to the Port for years and years, and this hotel fits the bill. It's simple, but all the ensuite facilities always work, and the owners, Elke and Martin, can't be too helpful. expect about 60E inc tax, including a good continental breakfast. One slight downside is the traffic - mainly the regular bus services, but it doesn't really detract or impinge on the stay - Iv'e been staying here for nearly ten years now. email is hrlagoleta@hotmail.com. Good luck. I've just posted resto reviews for Brisas (not BrisaMarina) and Siller. Can recommend them both. The hotel food is fine, I've jjust got a bit bored with the menu, which hasn't changed for a few years. If you are into cycling, then a visit to Tolo's is worth look - He's got Bradley Wiggins Tour De France bike and shirts hanging on the walls. A proper Pizza oven too. All the best. 3rdEarl

10. Re: best place to stay in Puerto pollensa for couple with no kid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca