We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swimming in the sea

Which Port de Pollenca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
leics
Level Contributor
76 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
swimming in the sea

Hi all

I keep looking at videos of p/p the thing I notice is there seems to be a shortage of people in the sea? the beaches look very busy but very few people in the water, is there any reason for this or am I looking at the wrong videos? would hate to be there and hot be able to go in the water. ps will be staying on the road before you get to the harbour as you come from can picafort. hope you can help.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: swimming in the sea

I know exactly where you will be staying.I am staying there myself next April at Hotel Uyal. The sea is fine for swimming no pollution.In case you didn't know all the sand on that beach is imported.

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
861 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: swimming in the sea

Yes its a good beach . Sea lovely to swim in . Much better than beaches on Pine Walk .

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
Level Contributor
7,879 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: swimming in the sea

Well I was swimming in the sea in PP when we were there exactly a month ago; and very nice it was too. There were plenty of others swimming also. Yes that area of beach is good, and is ideal for swimming.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: swimming in the sea

When we were there last May there were plenty of people, adults and children alike, in the sea both on the Pine Walk side and the other. Possibly more playing in the water than actually swimming but they were definitely in there.

One caution and I am sure this was an isolated event: a couple of visits ago I developed an achey pain on the ball of one of my feet. The site soon turned a strange bluey colour. The pharmacist we visited said it was a bruise but we were not convinced.

On our return to the UK I saw our Practice Nurse. She was certain I had been bitten and most probably in the sea.

I am not a swimmer but had sat one day dangling my feet in the shallow water off the Pine Walk. It was that evening that I first noticed the discomfort. There was very fine shingle on the sea bed and I have learned since that there are one or two nasties who hide in that particular environment. The pain gradually diminished but the colouration took some months to finally go.

I am certain that if my experience was a common one then we would have heard about it before. On this Travel Forum if nowhere else!

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: swimming in the sea

We were swimming in the sea this August and it was lovely and warm there was also plenty people swimming, the water is very clean.

leics
Level Contributor
76 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: swimming in the sea

Hi all

thanks so much for taking the time to post, that puts our minds at rest, looking forward to next year,

cheers.

Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: swimming in the sea

I went for a morning swim every morning at the end of September this year. The water is clean and warm (especially compared to the UK).

A friend was stung by a jellyfish in Cala San Vicente but other than that no problems.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: swimming in the sea

SSSS I recollect that jellyfish in CSV he is a spiteful devil! lol

Seriously now. I stayed in H Capri in PP early October.Every morning there, while having my breakfast I watched an intrepid soul swimming around in a languid crawl around the part of the bay in front of the hotel.I am not sure I would want to swim there among so many light craft,it must be cleaner water up nearer Hotel Uyal, but good for him he stuck at it so it couldn't have been that cold.

Peregian Beach...
Level Contributor
43 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: swimming in the sea

We were at port pollensa in September and being an avid swimmer I found the bay not to be overly pleasant to swim in. The bay is very shallow and there is a lot of sea grass which you brush as you swim. We were staying near the pine walk not quite the same area. The beach in the area you are talking about is very small and did not look very inviting. I did not see many people in the water there.

On a more positive note there are many good beaches which can easily be reached on the local bus route.

leics
Level Contributor
76 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: swimming in the sea

Thanks for your post, looks like we may be going to Sa Coma instead ,have you been there? if so any info would be great.

Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca