We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July

Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Topic
July

Going early July and have just read a review on line from someone there in June saying it was very quiet. Just wondering if this is the impact of the new apartment rental situation. Staying in a hotel this time for that reason. Also they mentioned that the hotel tourist tax has increased.

3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July

Tax is going ro be 38 euro each for 2 weeks each, 108 euro for Tui rated 3* Hotel says 4* outside they are 4* tax for family 3 adults. Think its about 30 euros more for my family than our last stay last year. We have opted for Mexico next summer as price same as Majorca where we have went every year for 20 odd years.

Edited: 9:12 am, June 10, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Majorca
Majorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Perth Scotland
Level Contributor
70 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July

I'm coming to PP on 9th July for 11 nights with hubby, daughter and granddaughter. Sadly I suspect for the last time. Been going to PP off and on for 25 + years. They have priced themselves out of the market as far as I'm concerned. Yes it's a lovely resort but it's a big world and I'll spend my hard earned cash elsewhere. Tourist tax a bit much when per person per night. Not sure how much I'll have to pay. I've ditched las Vegas for same reason with their resort fees in the hotels.

P.S. I live in Scotland but saved £1000 on my package deal with jet2 by flying from Leeds bradford. Convenient - no, but worth it!

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Leeds
Leeds
West Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: July

Going a few days before you from Leeds. We are thinking along the same line as you. Have been going to PP for over 20 years but think it's time to find somewhere new. We do say this every year but really think time for a change. We can go to Italy for less than PP.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Reply to: July
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca