We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to get here

Which Vilcabamba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
113 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
best way to get here

We are in Cuenca and would like to leave for a couple days to go to vilcabamba...what is our best way, bus or van...we want to see the scenery along the way. We prefer a van, but does anyone know what company is best to travel with from Cuenca. Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to get here

Hi. I see that you never got an answer to your question four years ago, so I wonder what you did. I am from Ottawa, also retired and discovering new cultures every winter with my hubby. We are now living in Boquete Panama for two months. Love the temperature in the highlands and looking for something similar in Columbia or Ecuador next year. Boquete is paradise, offers everything we would want, but too expensive because of our low Canadian dollar.

Did u like Vilcabamba? Seems like a very small place. would you stay there for a month, or is there not enough to keep anyone busy other than hiking.. Maybe next year we will travel around Ecuador or Columbia, and pick three or four places to stay a week or two in each one. But one beach town is my max, since we can't stand the heat.

Any advice you can share is appreciated. Saludos de Panama,

Michèle Jodouin

Ottawa

Ontario
Level Contributor
113 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best way to get here

Vilacabamba was amazing...but not enough there to stay for a mos.....but. Must visit for sure. Salinas Ecuador is a quaint fishing village with quite a bit to keep you busy. We stayed there for a month...met wonderful people, then we travelled up to Cuenca....that was amazing...I would live there permanently if I could....I love Ecuador. We stayed a mos in Boca's del toros, panama, have you been there?

3. Re: best way to get here

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, March 07, 2016

Reply to: best way to get here
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vilcabamba