We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dentist in Mosonmagyaróvár

Chur, Switzerland
3 posts
Save Topic
Dentist in Mosonmagyaróvár

Hi,

I am looking at having some crowns done in Mosonmagyaróvár, back teeth. Any recommendations?

Many thanks

Joy

13 replies to this topic
Chur, Switzerland
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dentist in Mosonmagyaróvár

Hi again,

Or it could be in Bratislava.

regards

Joy

Mentioned in this post
Bratislava
Bratislava
Bratislava Region, Slovakia
Glyn Ceiriog...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dentist in Mosonmagyaróvár

Try HD-Dental.net

I am having treatment there and quite impressed by Dr Kannmann.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
12,437 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dentist in Mosonmagyaróvár

Sinlgle poster alert ! and why Mosonmagyarovar ? it's the back end of nowhere.

Glyn Ceiriog...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dentist in Mosonmagyaróvár

A fair point. There are many dentists there. It must be the dental capital of Europe. You could easily get consultations with a number of them. I only have experience of one.

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
579 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dentist in Mosonmagyaróvár

Where else in Hungary, other than Mosonmagyaróvár would anyone here recommend for good, cost effective dental work?

I would love to visit a beautiful/interesting area while having an implant and root canal done.

Edited: 1:36 am, August 11, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Hungary
Hungary
Europe
Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
12,437 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dentist in Mosonmagyaróvár

Budapest ? no shortage of dentists here. The issue is if something goes wrong - and just google 'hungary dentists', it does, occasionally. Some remote town is unlikely to have a lawyer who speaks good English.

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
579 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dentist in Mosonmagyaróvár

Thank you Roman. Good to know.

Glyn Ceiriog...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dentist in Mosonmagyaróvár

There certainly are plenty of dentists in Budapest and there is also a lot more to do and see. I had some implants there about 10 years ago. The reason I am having treatment in Mosonmagyarovar is that I consulted 3 dentists (2 in Budapest). There were 3 different treatment proposals and this one seemed the best from a dental point of view.

You certainly need to satisfy yourself as to the credentials and reputation of whoever you choose. The ease of suing for negligence is a consideration, but having good quality work in the first place is important. I have a friend who paid £17k in the UK for a lot of implants and they are failing. He has no case for negligence.

It is well worth searching 'Dentists in Hungary'.

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
579 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dentist in Mosonmagyaróvár

Thank you Oneeyedchris. What you say is very true re: researching credentials and reputation. I am most unhappy with my latest dentist here in Canada and suing for negligence, in reality, is not a viable option. You would never get a dentist to testify against another in this country or any other I think.

I have noticed on line that Hungary is quite popular for dental tourism so I imagine they must have well qualified dentists. How did your implants hold up?

Mentioned in this post
Hungary
Hungary
Europe
Glyn Ceiriog...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dentist in Mosonmagyaróvár

Long story Franang. The implants had been fine until I had problems with the bridge they were part of. The current treatment required the abutments (the bit that screws into the implant) to be removed. The dentist would have replaced these with new ones but I didn't have an implant passport (i.e. a document which tells you what make and model the implant is). I was never given one by the Budapest dentist. Despite claims that they spoke English, the dentist didn't and neither did most of his staff and this led to some confusion.

The current dentist didn't have an abutment that fit so he asked his technician to clean the old ones, which he did so that was fine. I did require some bone graft on the existing implants, but I am very pleased with the quality of the original work and the current treatment. To still be able to keep the 10 year old implants and abutments is pretty good going I think.

So, add to the list the need to ensure English is spoken and make sure you get an implant passport.

The dentist I am using has his qualification certificates hanging in the reception area. I really don't think it's difficult to find out whether they speak English, what qualifications they have and what warranty they provide. It's a long haul for you but for me it's a 3 hour trip for less than £100 return.

I noticed recently that dental tourism is becoming quite a big thing in India. It might be worth looking at that, but bearing in mind all of discussion we have had about Hungary..

Edited: 7:05 am, August 12, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Hungary
Hungary
Europe
Reply to: Dentist in Mosonmagyaróvár
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mosonmagyarovar