We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need tips! Taking Chepe from Chihuahua to Posada Barrancas

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New Bern, North...
1 post
Need tips! Taking Chepe from Chihuahua to Posada Barrancas

Hi there!

My husband, 1 1/2 yr old son, and in laws are flying into Chihuahua this April from the US. We are travelling independently and everyone speaks Spanish except for myself. Language won't be a problem.

We are taking El Chepe form to Chihuahua to Posada Barrancas. Where are the must see attractions? Where are good places to stop along the route? Do I need additional transportation to these attractions? I have an 18 month old so I don't want to travel all the way to El Fuerte. Thank you in advance. ANY tips are appreciated!

Laura

2 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
126 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Need tips! Taking Chepe from Chihuahua to Posada Barrancas

Hi Laura;

Have you completed your trip? I'm looking for an 8 day itinerary for Chihuahua - Los Mochis route; stops in between, maybe the ferry to Baja for a day or two. What did you end up doing?

Ancona, Italy
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Need tips! Taking Chepe from Chihuahua to Posada Barrancas

Hi, i came back from this trip in february and what i can say is that there is A LOT to do and see.

i wrote a complete article on Copepr Canyon and Chepe Express here:

https:/…

you canprint and save the guide in pdf, is totally free of course.

you will find tips for hiking, for tickets and for stops you don't have to miss.

the guide is in italian but you acn translate it by embedded google tool, it works well with english.

if you need more some help just drop me a line

cheers

Edited: 7:02 am, June 04, 2018
Reply to: Need tips! Taking Chepe from Chihuahua to Posada Barrancas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted