We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galle to Hambantota - how to get there

Bangkok
14 posts
Save Topic
Galle to Hambantota - how to get there

Is it easy to get transport (bus, etc) from Galle to Hambantota or do I need to book private car, etc. The buses only seem to go to Tangalia that I could pick up on the web,

Does it take a few hours or ?

Would you know if there are more than one bus a day ?. My flight from Hambantota leaves at 2 pm.

By the way, is there much to do “around” Hambantota that is worth using this as a base to explore from. If not and it is easy to go from Galle to Hambantota, will use Galle as my base.

As I thought the Yala park was opened, I book to catch my flight out of Sri Lanka from the new airport outside of Hambantota. As the park is not open in Sept, I have to re-route myself to some place for a few days that I had planned on spending in Yala.

Thanks,

Ken

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galle to Hambantota - how to get there

Bus # 32 from Colombo to Kataragama pass frequently through both Galle and Hambantota.

Should take approx. 3.5-4 hours.

You will then need to take a taxi or tuk tuk to the airport.

Hans

Bangkok
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Galle to Hambantota - how to get there

Hans,

Thanks for that. Will reduce a bit of stress as I can now plan a bit more.

Cheers,

Ken

3. Re: Galle to Hambantota - how to get there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, March 18, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Hambantota