We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat

Which Crown Point hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Places to eat

Hi, i'm going to Tobago to do scuba diving in November and have to stay in Crown Point for a day before the trip starts. Can anyone suggest and good (and preferably cheap) places to eat in the area? Also any suggestions about good hotels?

Thanks,

Melissa

Level Contributor
134 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Places to eat

WYSIWYG...so glad that someone had the same bad experience as myself ,the owner tried to make excuses for his bad and overpriced food,who happens to be the chef,he must be burned out and need to retire.

Tobago
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Places to eat

For good roti or buss up shut at lunch time, you could try Tobago Curry House, it is upstairs from Angler's Bar, opposite Coco Cafe just off the Pigeon Point Road.

La Cantina is also good, as everyone has mentioned, and Kariwak Village is a very reasonable place for a nice sit-down breakfast at a good price.

Level Contributor
134 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Places to eat

Dillons is still my favorite restaurant in Crown point area,the food quality at the huts in Store bay has gone down a lot,i guess the old ladies has passed away and new cooks has replaced them.

notts
Level Contributor
206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Places to eat

Try BLOCK22 up in canaan best chicken on the island and great 4 a good lime.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
570 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Places to eat

It's been a couple of months now but we really enjoyed Dillon's on all occasions we were there.

WYSIWYG never let us down. The food is OK and the rum punch nice.

La Cantina was never an option. If I want pizza or similar I'll have it in Italy or at home.

Some good small shops all around but if they're cheap, they're not fancy.

We also enjoyed Bago's but many feel umcomfortable obviously. Go figure.

Skip the pancake house as well.

Gaujac
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Places to eat

Tobago is a great place to go diving. You will very much enjoy the many different locations to dive. My friends and I have done so for the past 20 years. As far as the tourism industry is concerned Tobago is a "disaster area" for many years now. The people responsible for tourism in Trinidad and Tobago have consistently, over the past years, destroyed the destination, leaving it as one of the cheapest places in the Caribbean. The stakeholders in Tobago had little choice! A restaurant specializing in smoked baby-back ribs in Abu Dhabi has better chances of success!

Since most tourists in Tobago are looking for cheap, the restaurant owners have little choice....

The pizza place " La Cantina" is a decent place to go to, so is WYSIWYG Grill and Bar. The restaurant at Crown Point Hotel is also o.k. Just don't expect any fancy cuisine from any of them and you will enjoy your stay. If you want to g on a holiday for a nice room and nice food, go somewhere else.

Guildford, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Places to eat

Loads of places in Crown Point to eat cheaply. For lunch why not try TriStar opposite departures in the airport. It has good, freshly made, hot local food. Price is by weight you, pick what you want to eat, they weigh it, you pay. Wash it down with a Crib from the bar and watch the world go by.

In the evening you might like to try La Cantinia. Its next door the entrance to CoCo Reef Hotel, set back, in a tiny shopping Mall. Has authentic pizzas to die for - thin crust, and good value for money. Huge quantity, one pizza could well feed 2 people or one hungry tourist. Atmosphere is great - take yer mossie spray. Hope it helps.

18. Re: Places to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, May 19, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Crown Point