We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

School trip to Kenya

Seychelles
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
School trip to Kenya

I'm taking a school trip (16 year olds) to Kenya on a field trip. We're travelling to Nairobi and then thinking about going to Lake Naivasha, Lake Nakuru, Masai Mara ( maybe Hells gate) Can anyone recommend a suitable safari company?

edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: School trip to Kenya

Hi there. The safari companies that we use are at the South Coast Diani but would probably accomodate your requirements.

Ferdinand Mwangwa of Beach Air Tours and Safaris at the Barclays Centre, Ben Ngui of Gichmak safaris across the road or Dickson Chichura Munero,

all of which are reputable companies and have good websites. Hope this of help.

Kind regards Malaika

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: School trip to Kenya

Jazzgecko

As you're flying into Nairobi, I'd contact Let's Go and Southern Cross (Let's Go has several offices in Nairobi and is a really-good all-round agent, while Southern Cross is a very long established Mombasa-based safari operator with a branch in Nairobi). Either of them could fix you up.

http://www.uniglobeletsgotravel.com

http://www.southerncrosssafaris.com/

Hope that's a help as a start.

Richard

Seychelles
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: School trip to Kenya

Thanks Malaika, that's really helpful. I'll send off requests to them.

Lisa

Seychelles
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: School trip to Kenya

Thanks Richard, that's great. We've been trying to organise it by looking up companies on the internet - but have really no idea whether the outfit really exists! Would you recommend going to Hells gate as well? Are there any other places you would consider going to in just a week? Also, we will arrive at the airport in Nairobi at 4.30pm, do you think it is feasible to get up to one of the lakes immediately? Thanks for your help.

Lisa

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: School trip to Kenya

Lake Naivasha and Hell's Gate are adjoining (and the kids will love Hell's Gate, where you can walk/ride/cycle among plains game). Camp Carnelly's at Lake Naivasha would be a very good place to be based. http://campcarnelleys.com/

Carnelly's might be able to organise transport to meet you. Or Let's Go or Southern Cross would definitely do that. Arriving at 4.30, you might not be ready to leave until 6pm (depends a bit on luck and the size of your group) and it's dark by 6.45. The airport to Lake Naivasha at that time of day will take three hours. I think you'll have to spend the night in Nairobi (Wildebeest Camp or Upper Hill Camp would be good) and make an early start for Naivasha the next morning. The good thing about Lake Naivasha (apart from still being a lovely spot, in parts) is its relative proximity to the Maasai Mara.

Hope this helps,

Richard

amsterdam
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: School trip to Kenya

Kupendaafrica.com

They are doing trips with schoolchildren and are experienced in it.

Just ake a look at their website

Grtz

Mombasa
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Tsavo National Park East
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: School trip to Kenya

Karibu Kenya,

please advise

- how long the Trip should be in Kenya

- Main reason to Travel (interested in what expierience for the students)

- any social visits to be includet?? like visit schools or uni (same age as your students??)

I think then it will be easier to advise you as there to many issues to be looked after before advising you where to take the kids....

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,798 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: School trip to Kenya

If you are going to Hell's Gate, do take your kids to Ol Karia Geothermal Power station.

I have taken Kenya school trips there (not recently) and it is quite an experience. We had to apply in advance. I think it is the only one in Africa, but I stand to be corrected.

Mombasa
Level Contributor
146 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: School trip to Kenya

Sporting Safaris are very experienced with school sports trips to Kenya. I am sure they are worth an email to see what they can offer - even if sports are not part of your schools plan!

WATERS, DAVID

davidsportingsafaris@btinternet.com

10. Re: School trip to Kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, March 09, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Narok
Recent Conversations