We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rural Triana Hotel

Which Vallehermoso hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surbiton
5 posts
Save Topic
Rural Triana Hotel

Hallo,

We have seen this hotel on the internet and we would like to go but we are both aged 65, and do not drive. Although we will not want to sit on the beach everyday is Vallehermoso near a beach? would we be able to walk it? and also will we find enough to do for 2 weeks as neither of us drive but I just like the look of the peace and the plants etc

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
862 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rural Triana Hotel

Vallehermosa is a lovely spot - it was our favourite place on the island - but the sea is not very close to the village. It's a good couple of kilometres each way, and could be a hot, tiring walk. The beach, such as it is, is stony and the sea too rough for bathing, although there's a sea-water pool which wasn't in use when we were there recently but may be open in the summer. There may be the occasional bus that goes down to the sea, but I doubt it.

It's a great area for walking, and there are good mountain walks you can do from the village without a car. The scenery is stunning. But if you're not walkers, there's really nothing much in Vallehermosa, just a few bars and restaurants.

There are a few buses to other places on the island (e.g Hermigua, Valle Gran Rey) but they're not frequent services and are timed for workers rather than tourists. I don't know if it's a package you're thinking of going on; if so, there may be the occasional day trip on offer.

Sorry I can't be more helpful on that - we hired a car and could get around independently. For what it's worth, we occasionally picked up hitchhikers, including a German couple in their 60s who I'm sure wouldn't have hitched at home. So that's another possibility, but one you may not want to rely on.

If you don't get any more constructive advice here (this Forum seems to be in hibernation at the moment!), you could try asking the hotel for more information on buses and excursions. They must know how their visitors spend their time.

Good luck!

Surbiton
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rural Triana Hotel

Thank you for your help, i think we will have to re-think our holiday plans, i looked again at the holiday and it really has gone up in price and for what they are asking it does'nt seem like there is much there for us.

We are going to try to find somehwre else a bit more people friendly. Thank you so much for answering.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
48 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rural Triana Hotel

This hotel does not serve very good food more like school dinners with no choice. Good Spar shop with fresh bread round the corner in central square. Bed up spiral staircase very inconvenient and awkward if you need to go to the toilet in the night. No curtains just Shutters which let in the light so you cannot have a lie in. It was clean and stylish but I would prefer to stay elsewhere

4. Re: Rural Triana Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 09, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Vallehermoso
Recent Conversations