We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Con Dao Accomodation

Which Con Son hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Ireland
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Con Dao Accomodation

Hi,

I live in Vietnam and my mum and sister are coming over from Ireland to visit me at Christmas time. I want to take them to Con Dao because it looks stunning!

Can anybody recommend any accomodation. I would not stay at the six senses hotel as it is far far too expensive and is just not what I'm about. That said... this is a special holiday for us and I don't want to stay somewhere horrible!

Any suggestions?

Also any extra info or advice about Con Dao would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you thank you thank you.

Big love xx

12 replies to this topic
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,418 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Con Dao Accomodation

Six Senses is pretty much the only game in town. It's a very nice game, but also a VERY expensive one, especially if you like to eat & drink, which personally I do.

Other than that, you have some very crappy local resorts (Saigon Con Dao, Con Dao Resort), nowhere to eat/drink, and frankly not a huge amount to see. The only really nice beach is the one now owned by Six Senses. A motorbike tour of the island will take you around the best part of a day - worth seeing the old prison colony & visiting the national park in the centre of the island.

But honestly, if you want an idyllic tropical island, with a good selection of resorts, go to Phu Quoc.

Northern Ireland
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Con Dao Accomodation

Thank you so much for the info.

I have already been to Phu Quoc..... I didn't think there was that much to do there, but having done more research into Con Dao..... I have no idea what to do anymore! Ha!

I know they'll want some serious beach time.

I don't want to spend too much time in Nha Trang. I love it there, but the beach is not the nicest and the last few times I've been there I have felt really unsafe. Also at that time of year its best to stay south for the sunshine!

You've made me re-think Phu Quoc now.... hhmmmmmm.........

thank you so so much for your reply.

3. Re: Con Dao Accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, October 03, 2011

4. Re: Con Dao Accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 am, November 01, 2011

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Con Dao Accomodation

Kimbercake,

How about Whale Island (Hon Ong) ? 2.5 hrs north of Nha Trang. Hotel price includes 3 meals/day and they will pick up /drop off from Nha Trang or Cam Ranh airport. Look it up on TA.

Con Dao
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Con Dao Accomodation

Hi K.C.

Regarding Whale Island.....Rainy season there as you probably know because you are an expat here....as am I. Do a web search of " Larry con dao".

Feel free to contact me and I can easily give you all the insider info about the island. I hope the trip adviser staff will not delete this post, my interests are genuinely in the intent of helping the traveler and any future enquirers.

Edited: 9:23 pm, November 01, 2011
Phu Quoc Island...
Level Contributor
433 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Con Dao Accomodation

if you do decide on phu quoc i would firm up your hotel booking soon as its a pretty busy time at Xmas...

Rohan

http://www.visitphuquoc.info

shetland
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Con Dao Accomodation

I am presently on the Island and I live on an island in Scotland. Island life is about being resourceful. This post is typical of needing ready made. Con Dao is relaxing, beautiful, sociable and we swam on two beaches yesterday then found a third tucked away with deck chairs, coconut drinks, fresh BBQ fish, other tourists and scenery to die for. We later met in the small town for THE BEST cocktail I have ever had. The market sells fruit and veg, fresh fish and we are presently cooking in our hotel kitchen, laughing and joking with the family that run it. Hospitality level is enchanting. For £17 a night for two we are surpassing all expectations.

shetland
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Con Dao Accomodation

I am presently on the Island and I live on an island in Scotland. Island life is about being resourceful. This post is typical of needing ready made. Con Dao is relaxing, beautiful, sociable and we swam on two beaches yesterday then found a third tucked away with deck chairs, coconut drinks, fresh BBQ fish, other tourists and scenery to die for. We later met in the small town for THE BEST cocktail I have ever had. The market sells fruit and veg, fresh fish and we are presently cooking in our hotel kitchen, laughing and joking with the family that run it. Hospitality level is enchanting. For £17 a night for two we are surpassing all expectations. Staying

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,358 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Con Dao Accomodation

Staying where ?

Ross

Reply to: Con Dao Accomodation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted