We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in November

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
weather in November

think about a trip in November, how is the weather? is their a lot of rain?

Thanks

2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: weather in November

Hi!

I need your help. It is very confusing reading all the different weather forecasts.:). I've read, that you live on Con Dao.

I want to go there in january. What about the approximate weather in this month?

It would be very cool, if you could help me.

Thank you very much and many greetings from munich.

Caro

Hanoi
Level Contributor
236 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: weather in November

In Vietnam at any time of year, some where, weather will be fine. From OCT- MAR, it is dry season the best time to visit Vietnam. From APR- SEP is raining season ( but not rain whole day long, not rain every day), come to the beach and enjoy the sunshine. )):

Con Dao
4 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: weather in November

hello Caro:

Historically....December and Jauary are windy, with trace amounts or no rain at all.

Last winter was bad, cloudy nearly everyday as a result of several tropical stoms that just sat over malaysia and the phillipines.

Historically we have our best underwater visibility in December, but high winds allowed us to take the boat out only four days.

All four of my boat staff are former fisherman who have lived on the island their entire lives. You cannot get better first hand information.

Normally we have beautiful weather on the island in Dec and Jan, but problems with the wind can close the harbor and prevent us from going out diving.

Edited: 12:41 pm, October 13, 2012
Con Dao
4 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: weather in November

Hello Mauritzio:

The O.P. asked about the weather on Con Dao, a small group of islands off the coast of Vietnam, and subject to ocean currents that do not effect any other part of south east asia.

These currents define the weather on Con Dao

You are simply wrong.

As i said in my post I have been on the island for 21 months with only four days off, i am the only registered foreign resident, (This may have changed recently)

I have not seen you on the island for anywhere near the length of time that I have been here, if indeed you have ever been here.

Please do not add anymore confusion to a subject that is already a hopeless mess.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: weather in November

Lawrence, how is con dao weather in September?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: weather in November

You are serious ???

Please read the whole thread, save me posting the same info again.

Hue, Vietnam
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: weather in November

Weather in Vietnam varies greatly day by day, we have summer sun yesterday and today is winter again. Of course it is the north. November is generally a good month to visit Vietnam as it is dry and cool in the north, sunny in the south. Hue & Hoi An in the central may experience intermittent rain but not flood. Con Dao belongs to Ba Ria Vung Tau province in the south so you can expect fine weather but not ideal time for diving the calm sea.

December is a great month to vist South but not so good for north & central. Even though, you may be lucky enough to have sunny days in the north during winter as I said it varies. Just stayed updated to Vietnamese weather forecast. I found this 10 day forecast is quite correct, but it in Vietnamese so you must google translate it: www.nchmf.gov.vn/web/vi-VN/70/15/Default.aspx

Community of...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: weather in November

Hi, I am sure you get sick of people asking you about the weather...BUT I'm hoping to come to con dao for my 40th birthday in November and I want it to be perfect...I've read a number of things about the wind being bad and people being unable to leave their hotel rooms (i would like to stay at the six senses). i want a few days relaxing on the beach and doing nothing else, but i don't want to be stuck inside all day either! I know you can't say for certain what the weather will be like, but when you say it's windy enough to delay the flight do you mean also too windy to sunbathe? Thanks!! Gill

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: weather in November

Hello Gillybobs.

Okay I will bite and repeat myself, as this is a special case and I have to admit no first hand experience with the exposure of Six Senses beach in November. I am among the great unwashed masses that they do not allow on their "private beach", though all beaches in Vietnam are public property.

This imprisoning wind in Nov. info is entirely new to me and possible considering the placement and exposure of that beach to pretty strong winds from the east which are normal and expected here at that time of year.

The weather on Con Dao is lovely 95 % of the year. Only now in April is air con necessary and the rainy season does not really effect daily activities.

I can only surmise that your sources of information are a type of people who would complain if an ant passed air within 50 meters of them.

Their guests (as virtual prisoners of the facility), seem unable to venture out to Dam Trau Beach, (6km away) which faces w/nw enjoying calm conditions 99% of the year. (One problem, nobody to serve you margaritas.)

If conditions at Six Senses beach are of concern to you, I suggest you contact them directly, take their answer with a grain of salt. Come to Con Dao and go to Dam Trau, it is among the nicest beaches in the country year round.

(25 days off the island in 42 months)

Community of...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: weather in November

You truly are very amusing, thank you for the advice, it is very much appreciated!

Get answers to your questions about Con Dao Islands
More Con Dao Islands Topics