The Accomodation on Con Son has changed a little over the last couple of years:
5 resorts -
* Con Dao Resort: Government owned with a range of standard hotel rooms (around the US$60 - US$75 mark), plus grand private Villas (around the US$200 mark). Nice pool complex and direct access to the beach.
* Sea Travel Bungalows - The newest development. A little further along from Con Dao resort, its a joint Ventrue between the Con Dao Army and a Saigon Tour company. Currently comprises 12 detached Bungalows (all doubles with extra bed option). All simple, comfortable and nicely laid out along the beach front. with an open air comunal bar and restaurant which is fast becoming a central hang out for tourists. No swimming pool but all Bungalows are no more than 5m from the beach. The Bungalows are US$60 per night.
* Saigon - Con Dao resort: Owned by the Saigon tourist group. previously it was a series of Villas each containing 3 or 4 hotel rooms. This part of the complex is currently run down and earmarked for further development. They have built a 300 room hotel on an adjoining plot of land. The rooms are extremely well fitted and nicely designed (ranging from US$60 - US$85 per night) with all the expected options; Double, family etc. Onsite swimming pool and road access to the beach.
* Con Dao resort and Spa (the hotel formerly known as ATC): Completely revamped, new accomodation blocks which are seperate apartments which they insist on reffering to as Bungalows - I dispute this terminology, yes detached and not a conventional hotel room but Bungalow!? It now has a swimming pool, you will need to make a short walk to get to a beach depending on tides. The second level restaurant is for me still the best food (and best value) on the Island - only VN.
* The all new , singing and dancing secluded Six Sense resort. Tucked away over a very big hill in a secluded bay. Well its Six Sense...nuff said.
Phi Yen guesthouse on the water front is now VERY run down and noisy (central location for breakfast), very cheap.
Hai Nha guesthouse two blocks back in what is considered central con Son near the market. reasonable at US$7 per night.
Next door is the rather official looking An Dao Hotel/guesthouse. 10 room WYSIWYG for around the US$15 per night mark.Edited: 2:04 am, December 10, 2010