We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt Teide Cable Car

uk
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Mt Teide Cable Car

We are looking to visit Mt Teide in November 13. We are going by 342 bus from Costa Adeje, it leaves at 09:15. I have ascertained how to obtain tickets for the Cable Car and permits from the National Parks Office but am unsure what time slots to book. Does anyone know how long the bus journey takes? And also as the return bus departs around 15:40 will we have time to have a good look around. Finally TITSA promote a fairly cost effective bus and cable ticket, is this purchasable from them beforehand, I can't see a link that suggests it is? Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt Teide Cable Car

not sure how long the bus will take to arrive ....( we went by hire car ) depends if its a direct bus or probably one that goes all round the villages on way picking up/dropping off !....the cable car takes around 20 mins from loading to arrival at the top and again depends if its really busy ....best time i would say is early morning before all the coaches arrive ! i presume if your getting a permit you intend to get off and walk to the highest point ....so you will have to take this time into it as well......the air can be quite short at the top ( seen a few folk faint ! ) and its very cold up there ...take a flask and a change into warm clothes. sorry cant be of more help maybe others can give you more precise details ...worth the effort going....ps by car it takes around 40mins/hour to get there.

Edited: 2:32 pm, September 09, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt Teide Cable Car

Hi

The trip by bus will take about 2 hours each way as it does a lot of the villages so look at getting to the cable car around 11.15/11.30 {just around the time most of the tour coaches arrive} so overall by bus you will not have a great amount of time to poss all you want and also remember {I do hope that is does not happen} if there is inclement weather {ie; high winds} the cable car will not run. Also get back to the bus stop well in advance as when the bus is full thats it, it leaves even if there are still people needing to get on

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
488 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mt Teide Cable Car

It would be better to make your own way there if you can as it is a big tourist attraction so that means tons of people getting there at the same time.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston super Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mt Teide Cable Car

Hi, take care. Mt. Tiede is the highest mountain in Spain and the third highest volcano in the world. Even at the base station it can be cold, but at the same time the sun's rays are very strong. The air is thin, so anyone with heart or breathing problems, need to take extra care. So wear layers of clothes, good walking shoes, a sun hat and sun screen. The cable care takes you to within 200 meters of the peak, you need a permit for this. The view from the peak, is 'out of this world'. On a clear day you can see all the Canary Islands. But even the park around the base station is unique, so much so NASA used this area to train its astronauts and trial its moon buggy. There are guided timed walks abound the park, which also has a hotel, visitor center, cafe and church.

Portsmouth
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mt Teide Cable Car

Hi - I'm heading for Tenerife on the 10th Dec and just wondered if you managed to get the bus to Teide national park, how long it took and how much it cost?

regards

6. Re: Mt Teide Cable Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, January 06, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Teide National Park