We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stupidly made a non refundable booking. What am I in for?

Which Ko Lipe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
187 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Stupidly made a non refundable booking. What am I in for?

I boomed at Bundhaya Resort Koh Lipe for high season. Got a deluxe bungalow which apparently has AC. My biggest worry is reports that the place is infested in mosquitoes. Has anyone here had any experience with Bundhaya?

How bad are the mosquitoes there? Worth avoiding the trip altogether?

Thai Mueang...
Level Contributor
339 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stupidly made a non refundable booking. What am I in for?

During High season: mid-December to end of march, not that many mosquitoes on lipe. They come mainly between 5pm and 8pm, for sunset time. The rest of the time is fine.

On the island you can buy some efficient mosquito repellent. Take in our luggage a plug against mosquito. On in the room does a good job.

Rooms at bundhaya are decent and the place is nice and quiet. You will have good holidays, no worries.

Level Contributor
187 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stupidly made a non refundable booking. What am I in for?

Ok thanks guess I was worrying a bit too much.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,871 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stupidly made a non refundable booking. What am I in for?

Just make sure you put on the mosquitoe deet repellant day AND evening... and spray your hotel room if you notice mosquitoes inside.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stupidly made a non refundable booking. What am I in for?

As thailand is a tropical country there are mosquito's present but if you use a repellent it won't be a problem.

Level Contributor
187 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stupidly made a non refundable booking. What am I in for?

I've actually never used any repellent before bar the vie insect repellent patches. I also usually take a vitamin b every morning. I'll get the plug and also a citronella arb band. Not too keen on any of the sprays tbh.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,871 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stupidly made a non refundable booking. What am I in for?

There is Dengue Fever in various parts of Thailand... Better safe than sorry?

Thai Mueang...
Level Contributor
339 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stupidly made a non refundable booking. What am I in for?

You have to use repellent. Plug is efficient in your room ... But you will certainly go out to eat, no?

citronnelle is not good enough and as said above you can get dengue fever anywhere in Thailand if you are unlucky... In Lipe as well. The daytime mosquitoes can transport dengue. You have to be carefull on sunset time. I got dengue and there are around 15 cases of dengue fever that I know of each year. Risks are tiny... But...

Level Contributor
187 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stupidly made a non refundable booking. What am I in for?

Ok thanks for advice. Is there any non deet based repellent you may recommend?

Thai Mueang...
Level Contributor
339 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stupidly made a non refundable booking. What am I in for?

You can buy it directly on the island. There are many different brands available in most of the shops. There are even some specially for kids sold at the drugstore.

10. Re: Stupidly made a non refundable booking. What am I in for?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 29, 2014