We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which month is the best montht to visit Koh Lipe

Petaling Jaya...
2 posts
Save Topic
Which month is the best montht to visit Koh Lipe

Hi,

I planning to have a trip to Koh Lipe from Langkawi between Jan-May.

May i know Jan, March, April and May is the peak season to Koh Lipe from Langkawi?

Can i know which month is the easy month to get the boat transport to Koh Lipe from Langkawi?

Thanks.

Audrey

Nice, France
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Which month is the best montht to visit Koh Lipe

Wonderlice,

You can´t go direct from Penang to Lipe and if you don´t go by car you must stay overnight on Langkawi or Pak Barra.

Here you have a question of the same issue with some info: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1024140-i13523-…

The earliest you will be on Lipe is about 1pm as the first transfer dep Pak Barra Pier 11.30am. When you leave Lipe you must leave 9am as there are no later transfers.

As a chinese you will have 15 days Visa and this you will have at Tammalang Pier if you go by ferry and at Wang Kelian border if you go by car.

Edited: 5:06 am, June 12, 2013
malaysia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Which month is the best montht to visit Koh Lipe

So where can we get the ferry to koh lipe from langkawi? Where is the few places u mentioned to get the visa?

Nice, France
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Which month is the best montht to visit Koh Lipe

There are no direct transfers to Lipe in low season from Langkawi.

The only option to go by boat from Penang is by ferry to Kuah Jetty on Langkawi and from there another ferry to Satun. From Satun taxi 1 hour to Pak Barra and then speedboat to Lipe. However you can not reach Lipe in one day if you do like this as you will miss the 09.00 ferry from Kuah Jetty on Langkawi and will be too late to Pak Barra.

You get the Visa at the immigration at Tammalang Pier if you go by boat and at Wang Kelian border if you go by car.

Edited: 8:03 am, June 12, 2013
malaysia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Which month is the best montht to visit Koh Lipe

Huh, im so confused! You said no direct boat to lipe in langkawi. But hv to go from penang to langkawi and from langkawi take a boat to parkbara? Do u have an email address which i can email to u personally?

Nice, France
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Which month is the best montht to visit Koh Lipe

If you don´t go by car you must go by Langkawi Ferry from Penang 08.15 or 08.25 to Kuah Jetty on Langkawi. From Kuah another ferry to Satun (Tammalang Pier) where you get the 15 says Visa for Thailand.

From Tammalang you go by taxi or shared minivan about 1 hour to Pak Barra pier and from there speedboat to Lipe, but you can not reach Lipe the same day you leave Penang as the ferry from Penang will be too late to Kuah. You must be there before 09.00 to catch the ferry to Satun and the ferry from Penang arr Kuah 11.00.

You can take a later ferry to Satun but you will miss the 11.30 or 12.30 transfer to Lipe. As you see you must stay overnight in Langkawi, satun or Pak Barra.

The direct transfer by boat to Lipe from Langkawi starts Oct 20. There is no direct traffic in low season.

malaysia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Which month is the best montht to visit Koh Lipe

Thanks for your details explanation. Between, may i know is Mali Resort still exist? I have email to enquiry and trying to book, but seems there is no response from them yet? There is no contact in their website too.

Nice, France
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Which month is the best montht to visit Koh Lipe

Yes, Mali Resort is still there.

You can try to contact them on Facebook as well.

https:/…

malaysia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Which month is the best montht to visit Koh Lipe

Noted with thanks!

Thai Mueang...
Level Contributor
348 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Which month is the best montht to visit Koh Lipe

During low season, from Penang, the best would be to take a bus or a minibus to Hat yai. It is much cheaper and les hassle that going through Langkawi. You can take a night bus and arrive in Hat Yai early morning or you take a late afternoon bus, arrive in hat yai in the evening and spend one night there.

From hat yai, you have daily chartered minibus to Pak bara, leaving at 9am. You can check Infos here : cathaytourthailand.com they organize speedboat tickets as well.

Minibus costs 150baht per person, you arrive in Pak bara on time for the speedboat.

Hotels in hat yai are nicer and cheaper than in langkawi... And you save one day of travel.

malaysia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Which month is the best montht to visit Koh Lipe

Thanks for the additional information!

If we take the bus from Penang to Hat Yai, where should we get Thailand visa?