We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miri to Kuala Belait to Seria

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Miri to Kuala Belait to Seria

Hi

I am planning on catching an early morning flight from Kuching to Miri, spending a few hours to visit the bat caves before catching a bus to Kuala Belait and another to Seria to see where my Mum grew up.

I need to work out how long I have in Miri before I need to catch the bus to Kuala Belait. Does anyone know what the bus times are? Also what the latest bus to Seria would be.

How do I ensure I get one that goes all the way to Kuala Belait as I've heard some don't go all the way because of ferry fee's or something.

I also want to hire a car once I get to Brunei, could I get one from Kuala Belait?

Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
105 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miri to Kuala Belait to Seria

Hi,

Can't help much on the bus schedule but as for car rental, there's an Avis car rental in SeaView Hotel in Kuala Belait area. Not sure on price but you can contact them at this number: +6733334707 / 8

Makati city
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Miri to Kuala Belait to Seria

Hi anyone who wants to travel from Miri to Bandar using a taxi. Can i join you? I am travelling alone and it would be very difficult for me and expensive if i travel alone by car.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Miri to Kuala Belait to Seria

Thank you BonnieBenjaSim for the hire car advice.

Does anyone have an answer on the rest by any chance? It will be in November that I travel.

brunei
Level Contributor
201 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miri to Kuala Belait to Seria

Hi Pramima,

for miri-belait bus service, look up www.shinyang.com.my/index.php…

and some tips from travellers on virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/Malaysia/Stat…

once in kb, you can hire a car from one of the hire cos located on the same street as the bus and taxi stand, opposite the kb market. you definitely need a car to visit seria and panaga where i presume your mom grew up...

bruneians cross the border to miri daily, using cars. you can approach a family and ask for info and assistance, they most likely will help and even offer a lift esp if you are travelling alone. cheers

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Miri to Kuala Belait to Seria

Thank you, that's really helpful.

Seria, Brunei...
Level Contributor
27 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Miri to Kuala Belait to Seria

Hi Pramima,

first of all, the bat caves you mention, i presume is the Niah caves. NIah caves is about 1/2 hr away from Miri town center and the trek into the caves will take you the whole morning (bring drinks and food). I would suggest an overnight stay in Miri, then get your bus to Kuala Belait.

Connecting between Kuala Belait and Seria is easy. Just ask the locals to point you to the bus stops. They are 15mins apart. Alternatively, ask a local to give you a ride. You might just be lucky!

The most popular car rental company in Seria/KB is Jasra car company. Here's the number: +673-3340304

Here's an old post, but still useful indication of their price:

…blogspot.com/search/label/Rentals

(1.3Brunei Dollars= 1 USD)

7. Re: Miri to Kuala Belait to Seria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:48 am, September 30, 2010
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Miri to Kuala Belait to Seria

We arrive in Miri at 8am, but need to pick up hire car from Kuala Belait before it closes so I guess it would be best to make our way to Kuala Belait straight away. So with the hire car I won't need a bus to Seria. My Mum lived in Seria so we're staying at the Koperasi there.

I'll phone Jasra car hire later, thanks for that tip.

I don't suppose anyone can recommend a hotel for Bandar seri begawan? I've read through all of the reviews and I really can't decide. I definitely want free wifi and close to Kampang Ayer as I'm only there for a night and a day. Plus somewhere clean and comfortable as I'm not a good sleeper.

9. Re: Miri to Kuala Belait to Seria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 30, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Kuala Belait