We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Alacati

Which Alacati hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, New York
3 posts
Save Topic
Getting to Alacati

Hi,

I will be visiting Turkey in November and am considering spending a day or two in Alacati. Is it possible to take the bus from the Izmir airport to Alacati? And then would we be able to take the bus from Alacati to Selcuk?

Another question - will restaurants / hotels be open in mid-November? I know it's not peak season and it may be chilly and the town may be quiet, which is no problem. I just want to make sure we will have a few options of places to eat and stay.

Many thanks!

30 replies to this topic
Hurghada, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Alacati

Hi Lauren. Unfortunately, there is no direct bus service form İzmir Airport to Alaçatı. I suggest you get a taxi from the airport to Uçkuyular Bus Station (Otogar), some seven kilometres west of İzmir’s city centre. I estimate the fare would be approximately 30-35 Turkish Lira. The driver may well try and persuade you to let him drive you all the way to Alaçatı which would probably cost about 175 TL.

From Uçkuyular you can get the regular bus service operated by Çeşme Seyahat to Alaçatı. The journey takes approximately 50 minutes and the current single fare is 10 Turkish Lira per person.

To travel to Selçuk, get the Çeşme Seyahat bus from Alaçat all the way to İzmir’s main bus station - much further on than Uçkuyular,. From there you can get the regular bus service to Selçuk.

I don't think you will have difficulty with a reasonable selection of hotels and restaurants being open in mid-November.

Do let me know if I can help further.

Shanghai, China
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Alacati

Hi, i would like to take bus from Izmir to Alacati, i noticed you mentioned Uçkuyular Bus Station (Otogar), this ortogar is located in Izmir? How can i get there if i arrive Izmir from Bodrum by Metro Bus? And do u know the timetalbe abt Izmir to Cesme? I pan to arrive Izmir at around 17:00 and is it possible that i can get bus to Alacati that day?

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
81 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Alacati

here are my suggestions :

1. You can ask metro bus agency if they are traveling to Cesme - cause i know they do but maybe not so often or they directly come from Istanbul since i couldn`t find route info on their webpage. if you get a ticket from them you just need to plan the schedule and change bus in the main Izmir bus terminal

2. When you arrive Izmir you can use Metro Bus agency`s free minibus service to get to Uckuyular (i see from their webpage thay they have one to Uckuyular) so that you can jump into a Cesme bus from there. (if high season they are departing like in every 5-10-15 mins especially from afternoon to late midnite) you need to find the correct minibus in the terminal.

3. There is a Cesme Seyahat agency in the Izmir Bus Terminal. You can find it and ask if they have any buses directly from there. (i know that they had but maybe not so often)

Cesme Seyahat Buses` first stop in Cesme is Alacati - so you can get off the bus there. Cesme is live 24 hours in summer so no worries :)

Have a nice trip. I`m sure you will enjoy both Bodrum & Cesme.

Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Alacati

We are thinking about the same thing. Buses between Izmir and Alacati/Ilica and back to Selcuk. We only have a couple days. I am thinking running from bus to bus, terminal to terminal, minibus to minibus we could lose a lot in transit time.

I seem to recall one of the Destination Experts saying it was advisable to rent a car so you could visit some other towns in the Izmir area.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Alacati

Transfer from Izmir airport,

SIMAY Turizm (bus) is 40 Turkish lira per person Airport/Alacati - terminal in Alacati

Private transfer is approx. 110 turkish liras for both of you Airport/Alacati

Car rental is 75 Turkish lira's daily, insurance incl + gas oil,

Arnhem, The...
Level Contributor
107 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Alacati

In this time of year and this short time the only option IMHO is renting a car (online) from Izmir Airport.

It's cheaper, more efficient, your more flexible and a lot of time saving. The driving is save and easy as it are almost all 6-line highways.

A good car like a renault Symbol should cost not more then € 12 to € 15 per day all-in.

This is a company I use a lot http://www.cizgirentacar.com/?hl=2

Good luck

Ben

Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Alacati

Thanks Ben. I am leaning towards renting a car so we can explore a bit en route to places.

Have you found Cizgi car rental to be reliable? It appears they have a bad reputation on Trip Advisor.

Arnhem, The...
Level Contributor
107 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to Alacati

The last year me, my kids and my guests used them over 15 times and never had or heard about complaints.

I'm in Cesme right now with a car of them, brand new only 3k on the clock and last week 2 of my kids were here too and had a same new car each, we paid € 15/day incl. the tollway paying system.

I've heard a story that also another Cizgi operates in this bussines, but I don't know if this true.

Keep in mind that not much is happening here in November

Goodluck

Ben

Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting to Alacati

Ben,

Do you buy the HGS toll pass directly from Cizgi or do you opt out and buy it from a gas station?

It costs 15 euros and I am not sure what the standard amount is on the HGS pass. Some have mentioned their pass from the gas station was 20 TL. I presume that is both the amount paid and how much you can use the tollway system.

Arnhem, The...
Level Contributor
107 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting to Alacati

All cars have OGS system on board, so easy to use the toll-ways at no extra costs

Greetings

Ben

Reply to: Getting to Alacati
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alacati