We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from San Fransico along Highway 1

London, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Driving from San Fransico along Highway 1

Hello

please could anyone advise me on the safest route to travel to monteray,camel. my husband wants me to drive the pacific coast I am a little scared as a few years ago I had a bad experience driving through the Toga pass....I dont like steep hills..

is H 1 very zig zag?

is it easy to get to Hearst castle this route?

is there any recommendations for things to do and places to stay?

Thanks in advance to all who reply to mu questions much appreciated.

sneezy31

tokyo
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from San Fransico along Highway 1

Wrong forum, this is for Usa (Japan), not (USA, The United States of America) ;)

Camas, Washington
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from San Fransico along Highway 1

wrong forum. but i happen to have driven that once many years ago. drove from L.A. to S.F, and took 12 hours! wanted to show my mom the coast, which was definitely worth it if it's your first time. but the problem is not the zigzag, but the constructions that went on - they had to close off one lane every now and then, so both directions shared one lane at many many spots, which basically doubled my driving time. my friends from CA say that still happens often, not sure why. so unless you have a lot of time on hand, and have not seen the coast, i would take an alternative route.

London, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from San Fransico along Highway 1

Hi

Thank you for replying will check out usa forum

4. Re: Driving from San Fransico along Highway 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 21, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Usa
More Usa Topics