We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JR to Kirishima onsen via Kareigawa Station

Which Kirishima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
JR to Kirishima onsen via Kareigawa Station

If taking the express JR (#6024D) from Kagoshima to Kirishima onsen, will the train make a brief stop at Kareigawa Station for travellers to step off train to take pictures of the old station ?

Can you help in offering a bus timetable from Kareigawa station to Maruo bus stop as that I can notify the hotel the time to pick me up from bus stop.

Will be very much appreciate if there a bus timetable from Maruo to Kirishima-jingu as well :-)

Dear William512, I'm sure you will give me helpful guidleines again, Thank you. And may I know where you took the picture of hugh red teapot with tea pouring out ( picture no.148 of your google kyushu trip), it looks absolutely lovely!

3 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tohoku, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
6,219 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: JR to Kirishima onsen via Kareigawa Station

No sure about other trains but the Hayato no Kaze scenic train from Kagoshima Chuo to Yoshimatsu will make a stop in Kareigawa station for 5-10 min for photo taking.

www.jrkyushu.co.jp/english/train/hayato.html

Bus #3 between Kagoshima Airport 鹿児島空港 and Kirishima Iwasaki Hotel 霧島いわさきホテル has stops in Kareigawa station 嘉例川駅 and Maruo 丸尾. Bus #1 between Kokubu station 国分駅 and Kirishima Iwasaki Hotel has stops in Kirishima-jingu 霧島神宮 and Maruo. Too lazy to list them out but you can look through the various bus routes and schedules in the following.

city-kirishima.jp/modules/…

The picture below was taken in a parking lot opposite the Chiran Kamazake Peace Hall/Museum. Buses also stop there and there is a tea shop where you can taste a variety of local Chiran tea for free.

https:/…

BTW, you are not going for a self drive road trip after all!?

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JR to Kirishima onsen via Kareigawa Station

Wow, need to study the bus route as well on top of train and car routes.

I guess I'll add Chiran peace museum on my list.

I will only drive in Miyazaki and try to keep the days of driving to a minimum ( hopefully a lower chance of getting lost in middle of forest ).

Any link on the bus timetable for Kirishima-onsen JR station to Maruo ?

Thanks so much

Edited: 12:01 pm, August 18, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tohoku, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
6,219 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: JR to Kirishima onsen via Kareigawa Station

On the bus link I listed earlier, bus #2 between Kirishima-onsen station 霧島温泉駅 and Kirishima Iwasaki Hotel has a stop in Maruo. Just click on “路線図等” and you can see a brief summary of all the listed routes and schedules.

Reply to: JR to Kirishima onsen via Kareigawa Station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kirishima