We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Many many questions!

Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Many many questions!

Starting to plan a trip for next winter and thought I would start looking.We are thinking of staying in Panama City for 1 week or slightly less,and thought of Coronado beach for the 2nd and third week. We like the beach,close to a town to mingle with locals and try local food,close to excurtions we can take.We will do the canal and city stuff when we are in the city.. We are thinking of renting a condo.Will we need to rent a car in this area or are we close enough for a taxi, and are they available. We just don't want to be far from everything but like to have lots to do if we want.Would like a nice condo and beach though in a safe area. Can anyone help and give me some pointers. Thanks so much.

Mentioned in this post
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
Coronado Fishing Club
Boat Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours
Coronado Concierge Panama
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Panama Skydive Center
Adrenaline & Extreme Tours
Nido
Gift & Specialty Shops
Manchester,CT.
Level Contributor
107 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Many many questions!

Yeah, do not rent from the lady advertising "a condo in Coronado" (the only one) They want a security deposit, the pool and the jaccuzzi are NOT ready, and they land lady will make you pay separate for ELECTRICITY, It is in their ad. DO NOT PAY FOR ELECTRICITY. It should be part of the rent. A security deposit ontop of the rent is another big "no-no".

Do not wire anyone money into a Panamanian bank account or western union money. Do not stay @ Playa Blanca, because they charge $25.00 per day per person to swim in the lagoon pool if you are NOT a resident of Panama. They also have smoke from a burning garbage dump, you will breathe. (it was in the newspaper) and it is posted on this forum.

The rents in Panama are very high, in my opinion.

There is a small home on TA, with no pool, (but at least they tell you) in Coronado. Stay there, it looks adorable and is 6 blocks from the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Blanca
Playa Blanca
Lanzarote, Spain
Panama
Panama
Central America
Nueva Gorgona...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Many many questions!

I am curious when you were in Panama and where you got your information?

Mentioned in this post
Panama
Panama
Central America
Nueva Gorgona...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Many many questions!

All of the beach communities, including Coronado are beautiful! As long-time residents here, we can tell you that is is much more convenient to rent a car and well worth the cost. All beach condos have onsite security.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Many many questions!

Many places will charge a security deposit and as long as you cause no damage it will be returned. As a landlord this is protection that I take as well so have never balked when someone has asked me to do the same. Paying with a credit card often alleviates the need for this but you will sign a contract that states if you cause damage the cost of repair will be charged to your card.

I too would like to know when you stayed at Playa Blanca because when I stayed there was not an extra charge for non-residents to use the pool. If that was the case, then they would lose business left right and center since the place was full of Canadians and Colombians when I was there. Panamanians often use the facilities on the weekend purchasing a "day pass" as opposed to staying there.

VRBO.com has a dozen places for rent on Coronado and certainly would have something to meet your needs depending on the size of your group. This is a great site that I've used a number of times to rent places around the world and the owners are often expats and their rental terms are very easy to agree to.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Blanca
Playa Blanca
Lanzarote, Spain
5. Re: Many many questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Playa Coronado