We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Coronado Golf & Beach Resort from Tocumen Airport

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting to Coronado Golf & Beach Resort from Tocumen Airport

I'm arriving Tocumen Airport in the evening and don't feel comfortable about driving at night. What is the best way to get to the Coronado Golf & Beach Resort?

nhauke

nhauke@yahoo.com

Coronado Fishing Club
Boat Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours
Coronado Concierge Panama
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Panama Skydive Center
Adrenaline & Extreme Tours
Nido
Gift & Specialty Shops
LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Getting to Coronado Golf & Beach Resort from Tocumen Airport

Thanks for your input WOW, I was talking costs, but if the poster has dollars to spare on vacation, go for it. OP also said he was going with roadrunner into PC for the day and return. I did not understand that this is more than a ride, but actually road runner is acting as "tour guide". Yes, I did state I had two hell rides, but that is not so bad out of hundreds of rides over the years.

Anyway, if this is actually a tour guide, not a ride, and money is no option, go for it.

Thanks for chipping in WOW, look forward to more of your postings on what you loved about Panama, where you liked to eat, which sites you enjoyed.

I can say from experience on the many years I have been on T/A, I always have a little suspicion where there is a first post to only laud a business. I am sure you have more to share also with travelers........I look forward to that! .................only time will tell. Thanks all.

Mentioned in this post
Panama
Panama
Central America
Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Getting to Coronado Golf & Beach Resort from Tocumen Airport

Hi LN,

This is our first time to Panama as well as our first time posting on TA. While there are multiple threads, sometimes the responses are to multiple replies and may be confusing, but I do get the messages. We appreciate each and every input.

We are looking at costs in addition to seeing Panama safely (without getting lost and spending time getting taxis, negotiating fares, dealing with being stopped, etc.)

We considered all of the transportation modes: renting a car, driver, buses, taxis, and we have not ruled out anything other than landing and renting a car that night and driving to Coronado from the airport.

Panamaroadrunner told us they can take us in for the day from Coronado, do several stops and return for $145, more like have a driver for the day. We haven't confirmed anything. I'm also looking into tours. We are open to suggestions. The two sights we want to see are the Canal and PC.

Again, we appreciate your suggestions and ideas.

Safetripper

Mentioned in this post
Panama
Panama
Central America
LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Getting to Coronado Golf & Beach Resort from Tocumen Airport

safetripper, when are you coming here?

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Getting to Coronado Golf & Beach Resort from Tocumen Airport

Hi LN,

End of May, first week of June.

Safetripper

Edited: 9:37 am, March 23, 2010
Las Margaritas/El...
Level Contributor
789 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Getting to Coronado Golf & Beach Resort from Tocumen Airport

Hi!

I would go with Roadrunner to do the canal and tour of the city. Like I said earlier that they speak English and are legally licensed to provide the service. Ash and Leslie are very knowledgeable about the city and the area. I have sent a bunch of people with them on tours and pick-up/returns to the airport and everyone has been very happy with the trips--a lot of compliments!!

They will also take you off the beaten path or take you shopping before returning to Coronado.

Mary

www.whypanama.com

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Getting to Coronado Golf & Beach Resort from Tocumen Airport

Hi Mary,

I agree. Thank your for all your suggestions. Panamaroadrunner was very responsive and looks like a great recommendation. Thank you again.

Safetripper

17. Re: Getting to Coronado Golf & Beach Resort from Tocumen Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 23, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Playa Coronado