We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Lagos to Aljezur?

Which Aljezur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Bus from Lagos to Aljezur?

According to Algarveuncovered.com it is possible to take a bus from Lagos to Aljezur but I cannot find any details online so am assuming the route is covered by local busses?

I'd like to take a day trip from Portimao (via Lagos, which I'll get to by train) so would be grateful if someone familiar with local transport in the Aljezur area could help me out.

Many thanks

Abs

6 replies to this topic
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
17,267 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Lagos to Aljezur?

There are 2 per day with rede de expressos, 8:30am and 3:20pm returning at 12:05 and 9:20pm....

Lagos, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
Level Contributor
4,835 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Lagos to Aljezur?

There are several buses per day from Lagos to Aljezur operated by Eva Transportes:

Up timetable here (in pdf format): www.eva-bus.com/eva_2012/gen_pdf.php…

Down timetable here:

www.eva-bus.com/eva_2012/gen_pdf.php…

You would need to get a train or bus from Portimao to Lagos.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,321 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Lagos to Aljezur?

Full bus timetable in English here

www.algarvebus.info/036.htm

A round trip by EVA buses is not possible at weekends. If you used the last bus on a weekday you would have to make the Lagos - Portimõ trip by bus as the last train leaves at 1919. There are local buses at 1915 and 2015.

If traveling with Rede-Expressos you must have a ticket before you board. A day trip is not possible on any day with Rede-Expressos as the evening trip from Aljezur to Lagos has no onward connection to Portimão

Edited: 5:15 am, March 11, 2014
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Lagos to Aljezur?

Thank you everyone for the information given. I can see where I made the mistake when I checked the Eva bus website - I put in Portimao as my point of origin instead of Lagos, which is why Aljezur didn't show in the destination drop down list (duh!!!).

Bordeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
2 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Lagos to Aljezur?

Check www.algarvebus.info, a great private site with all bus and train schedules all over Algarve. You will see that Aljezur to Lagos and vice versa is operated several times a day. Enjoy!

Michiel van Dam

NL

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,321 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Lagos to Aljezur?

"..several times a day..."

Only on weekdays with EVA. There is one local bus each way on Saturdays and no buses at all on Sundays and Holidays.

The Rede-Expressos long distance bus runs daily from Portimão at 1500hrs, via Lagos at 1520. From Lagos there is another journey daily at 0830. In Portimão the ticket office is 250 metres now from bus stop, so allow enough time if you don't already have a ticket. Tickets for Rede-Expressos must be bought before boarding.

Reply to: Bus from Lagos to Aljezur?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Aljezur