We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trek in June

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trek in June

I'm aware that June is the beginning of the rainy season in Myanmar. But, am I kidding myself to think that it will still be possible to trek during that period?

I am contemplating the Inle to Kalaw 3D2N trek. Seems like trekking from Kalaw to Inle is more popular. Is that a correct observation? What's the reason Kalaw to Inle trek is more popular?

Edited: 11:19 am, May 12, 2013
N S
Nyaung Shwe, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Nyaung Shwe
Level Contributor
617 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trek in June

Kalaw to Inle trek can do year round because many tourist use to.Trek trip not very hard and the route mostly flat.I think you also can do trek in June,you will see some moutain tribes when you visit villages on the way.3D2N will better in June.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trek in June

I believe Kalaw to Inle and Inle to Kalaw use the same trekking route. It is just your plan that counts on which route you should choose. Normally the plan will be stopping at Kalaw, take the trekking trip to Inle, and discover many boat trips in Inle lake.

If it rains so much, you can consider one day or half day trekking tour in Inle.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trek in June

Thank u for your replies

I tried to email some trekking guides highly recommended in this forum but to no avail. Can anybody advise how I should plan my accommodation? I am a little lost since the trekking part is not confirmed and if I am trekking 3d2n, I will not need a guesthouse at inle itself for all nights?

Is it safe to just leave it till on arrival?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trek in June

June is off peak season, i think you can find a place on arrival. Or book online in agoda or contact the hotels directly refered to this list yourlocalbooking.com/myanmar/inle/economy-ho…

The website above also has some trekking tour packages for online booking. Price may be higher than contacting directly, but at least you have confirmation. Have you contacted Htwe from Sunny Day, their response is usually fast.

5. Re: Trek in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 17, 2014