We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with backpack while trekking???

San Diego...
Level Contributor
200 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
What to do with backpack while trekking???

Okay, this is a silly question.. but.. we are considering a overnight trek in Kalaw. We are flying into Heho, thought we would head to kalaw, organize a overnight trek, then head to Inle.... In Nepal, we had sherpas, plus we left extra gear in Katmandu.How does it work in Myanmar?

We are planning this for mid-march. I am not sure about the weather. Will it be too hot... that is why we want to do one night, leisurely trek,

Thanks for any input.

Iowa
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do with backpack while trekking???

Most guides can arrange to have your bags shipped to your hotel in Inle.

If you don't have a guide I recommend Richard & his brother.

johnny.guide.klw@gmail.com

09-49676359

E-mails may take a couple days to respond because he goes out on 3d/2n treks with no access to email. If you contact them directly he told me his normal fee is 18,000 kyats/day including meals. Normally it will be more expensive through a hotel or travel agent.

Have fun! The people and villages are amazing!

2. Re: What to do with backpack while trekking???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 20, 2014