We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Place to Eat at Night

Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
A Place to Eat at Night

I am looking for a decent thai restaurant in Chiang Kong. I know the tacos are amazing at Bamboo it says so in all the guide books.

I don't care if it is by the river or not I have an amazing view already from my hotel room.

I just would like a place with some decent regular thai food not full of rowdy drunkards.

I have tried three of the riverside restaurants now.

One is constantly full of drunk backpackers and the service is the kind where you feel guilty for having bothered one of the waiters to order something and the place smelled like old mop.

Another was ok, but the food frankly was overpriced and not great. I understand the part about being on the river so at least a part of the price is the view but at least serve good food.

The third had good food but the worst waitress I have ever encountered in Thailand. I had water spilled on me because her phone call was more important. It was painful to watch her work I felt almost like i was back in India.

I have a couple of more days here and I really like the place except I have never in the five times I have been to Thailand had so much headache just getting a bite to eat in a town of this size.

1. Re: A Place to Eat at Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, August 31, 2014