We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab fare Manzanillo. Want a place with a kitchen,any info?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
fairbanks,AK
9 posts
Save Topic
Cab fare Manzanillo. Want a place with a kitchen,any info?

Coming down mid-February for a month. Just me. Need cab info from Manzanillo to Melaque. Price, etc.

Would like to find a place with a kitchen and preferably a balcony to sip and watch at the end of the day. Prefer clean but budget. Don't plan on getting a car. But do plan on getting to the beach each day. Prefer the San Patricio end if there is a choice between equals

I was down for a couple of months about 5 years ago but I am sure much has changed. Hopefully not too much.

THANX

jack

Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cab fare Manzanillo. Want a place with a kitchen,any info?

Are you determined to take a cab to Melaque? If not you can take the nice Primera Plus bus from the big bus station in Manz. to Melaque for about $4.80 Canadian! This is the first class bus. The second class bus will cost you about $4.00. We did this just last week, it's a nice way to travel. The first class bus has a bathroom, the second class does not.

fairbanks,AK
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cab fare Manzanillo. Want a place with a kitchen,any info?

Thanks for the info, it sounds like a good way to go.

I arrive at the airport between 3 and 4 pm. Do you know how that would fit with the bus schedule? Did you take a cab from the airport to the bus station?

Five dollars for the bus vs $30 for the cab would leave me $25 to spend for beer at the Tomzap party as I arrive the day before the party

Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cab fare Manzanillo. Want a place with a kitchen,any info?

$25 for beer will buy a lot of beer :-) I dont take cabs, I dont mind the bus. We stayed at the Tesoro and transport to it from the airport was included. I believe there is a bus from the airport to the downtown area, so brush up on your Spanish and ask to be let off near the bus terminal. It's called the Primera Plus bus, not sure of the actual name of the bus terminal itself. I dont know the time schedule but the city buses run all the time, you should not have to wait more than a few mins. for one. Maybe someone can give you better details than me. Or see what you can find with google.

4. Re: Cab fare Manzanillo. Want a place with a kitchen,any info?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:10 pm, October 18, 2013
5. Re: Cab fare Manzanillo. Want a place with a kitchen,any info?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, November 03, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Melaque