We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews of Kreston Royal Villas and Spa

England
Level Contributor
315 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Reviews of Kreston Royal Villas and Spa

Hi

Worried as the latest reviews of this hotel are not very complimentary in regards to food quality, hygiene and cleanliness - has anyone stayed here recently?

Thanks

CJ

shropshire
Level Contributor
3 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviews of Kreston Royal Villas and Spa

Please steer well clear, i am in the main lobby writing this we have had no room since 12 midday had to fight to keep room on until 6pm and our flight is at 6.20am totally unacceptable and by no means a 5* i would genuinely re think a stay here i so wish i had taken more notice of the reviews it wont happen again, really angry !!!! Kind regards fay.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
5,963 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviews of Kreston Royal Villas and Spa

Well the latest reviews from July seem to be OK

shropshire
Level Contributor
3 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reviews of Kreston Royal Villas and Spa

Honestly Trevor, this isn't a 5* no where near, they have a major problem with over booking, on a daily basis people were being told there rooms were not available for 24 hours, which is a great disappointment, I personally can not believe that the hotel is only 15 months old? the only things that are 5* about this hotel are most of the staff and a lot of the food, the rest I would struggle to even give it a definite 4*. most of my personal complaints could have been easily put right but problems are not taken seriously, or dealt with seriously?? I would find a different hotel, we went thinking the bad reviews on here were wrong & must have been made by over fussy people??? unfortunately we were wrong for not listening!!

England
Level Contributor
315 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reviews of Kreston Royal Villas and Spa

We had a lovely stay at this hotel and found it to be clean, good food, lovely staff and a relaxing break. Granted, the 5* rating is not up to UK standards in some areas but I would give it 4*. The hotel is grand looking, has lovely amenities and is kept very clean, but is let down by attention to detail such as no facial tissues in bathroom, only basic toiletries provided, towels could be whiter and better quality, evening entertainment very poor. If these issues were addressed and improved upon, then it would be 5*. On the plus side, the food was good and varied and the drinks were excellent. Staff very friendly and accommodating. We thought it was very good value for the price we paid.

If you have an early morning flight home and the hotel check out time is midday, then it would make sense to book another night to ensure that you have your room until you leave, rather than waiting until you get there to see if the hotel has availability, which is dependant on occupancy. If the hotel is fully booked, then there is no chance of a room extension which is the same wherever you stay.

Overall we had a lovely 4* stay with a few niggles that need attention.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reviews of Kreston Royal Villas and Spa

I stayed her over the summer, and i must say most of the reviews where very wrong. the food was deliceous not the cleanest resteraunt, but loads to choose, did not enjoy the italian resteraunts set menu, but the main resteraunt was good indeed. the pool (make that pools) where warm and relaxing, I had my own private pool and it was amazing to see the sunset from an infinity pool for the first time in my life! the view was gorgeous! would definitely go again!

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reviews of Kreston Royal Villas and Spa

We've just got back. If anyone has a complaint about this hotel, they must be the fussiest people on earth! Beautiful and very clean. Food was good, apart from a couple of nights. The Greek and Italian food was lovely. The drinks were in abundance. We had a private pool leading off our patio. It overlooked the sea. The landscaping was excellent, and it wasn't too far from anything by taxi. Cheap too.

Top time.

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reviews of Kreston Royal Villas and Spa

I am going to stay for a week at end of the month and I noticed one review mentioned a hotel cat! I am phobic about cats and this has worried me - is the cat around the hotel and the food areas? Have read lots of mixed reviews on the hotel so at least am forewarned about some of the problems - but hoping for a relaxing week reading round the pool - hopefully with no cat.

Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reviews of Kreston Royal Villas and Spa

Good luck with avoiding cats on Rhodes pshvja ;-)

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reviews of Kreston Royal Villas and Spa

All-inclusive so not planning on leaving hotel very much - just hoping I am not going to have to avoid them at the hotel.

10. Re: Reviews of Kreston Royal Villas and Spa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kallithea
Recent Conversations