We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kalithea royal hotel rhodes

cardiff
9 posts
Save Topic
kalithea royal hotel rhodes

hi iam due to travel on the 18th aug to this hotel iam very concerned ihave tried to move holiday but thomson wont allow becuase it is so short notice they at first denied there was a problem have any one similar problems what do i do ?

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kalithea royal hotel rhodes

Thomson had me on the phone to them last week, so unless their employees at their call centre aren't talking to each other or to managment they must be aware that at least one person has phoned expressing deep concern (me).

If the bug is a by product of flies contaminating the food, then the hotel getting pest control in should be getting results stopping it. Otherwise, it's the water, or the food. If it's the water, then you have to be very careful, because it'll be in salad leaves and any other food washed in local water, ice cubes and ingesting water while showering.

I hope they sort this out. When I rang, the Thomson rep said I could possibly change the booking, but that the alternatives are very limited and with our flights booked it would have been difficult so we decided to keep the booking and hope for the best.

This rep was not very helpful. She said that Thomson haven't had any negative feedback and they can't comment on trip advisor reports as trip advisor is an independent agency. She also wanted to let me know that health and safety was up to the guests as much as it is the hotel, regarding washing hands before eating and personal hygiene. I thought that was patronising and unhelpful. if I was easily offended, I could have gotten quite miffed. That woman could do with a course in customer care.

If anyone has a recent update for the Kalithea Horizon Royal Hotel, I could really do with some reassuring news.

cardiff
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: kalithea royal hotel rhodes

hi

we have now deicided to go through thomsons escalation process to try to transfer to other hotel however our local agent is not confident of this we will find out on monday . we have made it clear that we feel we are being put at risk by thomsons who really have a duty of care to their customers.i feel that the hotel should be closed until the source of the outbreak is identified and isolated . we were told if we cancelled we would lose all money . i really hope this is sorted very soon , very disappointed by thomsons not really the quality firm they make out ?

norwich
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: kalithea royal hotel rhodes

We are in the same situation due to travel on 21st August and I am going back to the travel agents tomorrow to see if I can get anymore advice - I called them last week about all the reports of illness and they got in touch with Thomsons who said the hotel had been cleaned and the last reported illness was on the 9th, however according to reviews on trip advisor this is not the case as people are still ill. I am extremely concerned about going to this hotel and cannot afford to lose the money we have paid for this holiday but I do not wish to go on holiday and become ill either. Hopefully if enough people complain something can be sorted out, obviously this wont be easy as its such a busy time of year to transfer to another hotel but surely Thomsons cant send people to a hotel that has a serious problem.

Luton
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: kalithea royal hotel rhodes

Hi there was a similar problem @ First Choice Holiday Village in Kolymbia

First Choice continued to send people.They also said the outbreak lasted one day.However a week later people were still being taken ill.

cardiff
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: kalithea royal hotel rhodes

hi

iam definetly not letting this go without fight , have also sent e mail to hotel however as yet no reply ? probably will see you all there lets hope it has cleared

norwich
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: kalithea royal hotel rhodes

Just been to travel agents and not too much wiser - Thomson in UK do not seem to know anything about the bug which I find hard to believe. We were transferred to resort but could not speak to the rep as she does not start til 430 today. They said the hotel has been cleaned and there has been no further outbreaks of illness for 5 days. I don't know how true this is hopefully someone who is still there or just back may shed some further light. I am waiting for my travel agent to call back once Thomson have spoken to health and safety. They may possibly be able to transfer us but don't hold out much hope as there are 8 of us. Am still in a dilemma what to do for the best. I will post an update when I have anything further to report.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: kalithea royal hotel rhodes

HI i have just spent 20 mins on the phone to Thomson's, the majority of this time i was on hold. The lady i spoke to said she had been going round in circles trying to find something out as they know nothing about it! She was going to e-mail someone who deals with the inspection of thier hotels and said she would ring me back sometime later today, but i won't wait in for that call!!.Looks as if we will have to grin and bear it and hope to goodness that the problem has been solved.

norwich
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: kalithea royal hotel rhodes

Just been to travel agents and not too much wiser - Thomson in UK do not seem to know anything about the bug which I find hard to believe. We were transferred to resort but could not speak to the rep as she does not start til 430 today. They said the hotel has been cleaned and there has been no further outbreaks of illness for 5 days. I don't know how true this is hopefully someone who is still there or just back may shed some further light. I am waiting for my travel agent to call back once Thomson have spoken to health and safety. They may possibly be able to transfer us but don't hold out much hope as there are 8 of us. Am still in a dilemma what to do for the best. I will post an update when I have anything further to report.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: kalithea royal hotel rhodes

Hi my husband has just rang our local Thomson shop, they said they are generally notified on a daily basis of hotels with problems but this has not been brought to their attention. The guy at Thomson obviously had more about him than most of their employees and rang the hotel direct and spoke to customer relations, they confirmed that they had an outbreak of norovirus which they are now on top of and they have had no cases reported in the last few days. Hopefully this will remain the case now and we can holiday with peace of mind.

cardiff
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: kalithea royal hotel rhodes

hi

thomsons have escalated my concerns like yourself , they also said that they are awaiting answers from health and safety and this will i guess decide if a transfer is sanctioned they dont seem to be fully informed of the current situation maybe with us all hitting on them we may geta result lets hoe for the best there is a more recent feedback on the hotel .